Was I Wrong?

As soon as the door slammed closed

As soon as the door slammed closed. I fell to the floor sobbing. I was so confused, what didn't I know? What this all just a huge misunderstanding. He had a point. I didn't let him explain, I didn't hear him out, I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

This made no sense. Why would that lady go through the lengths that she did to break us up? Now I'm even more confused. I don't know what to believe.

I picked myself off the floor and wiped my tears. I needed to get out of here. The guilt slowly eating me alive.

I stayed in the office for five more minutes composing myself. When I reached for the door it slammed opened. My mouth was wide at the sight in front of me.

Kian and Luana busted in the office all over each other. Kian had Luana's legs wrapped around him and his hands rested on her bum. They were so engrossed with making out with each other, they didn't even notice I was here. I cleared my throat to get their attention. Kian almost dropped Lou and I stifled a laugh.

Both Kian and Lou stared at me with wide eyes.

"Well well well, if it isn't my best friend getting busy on her second day here," I said crossing my arms.

"I'm surprised it wasn't the first," She commented and I laughed.

"Well, I'm gonna head out. I'll see you at home yea?"

"Wait, don't you want me to come?" She asked?

"Nonsense, I'm just gonna head over and maybe do some job hunting before I go to bed. I promise I'm fine," I said trying to convince her.

"You sure?" I nodded my head.

"Okay, call me if you need anything okay?" She hugged me.

"Wait," I heard Kian speak. "You're looking for work? I thought you were only staying for a week?"

"No we're only staying at the hotel for a week until our apartment is finished getting painted," I told him the truth.

He looked down a Luana and smiled at her.

"What about you? Are you looking for work too?"

"Yea, we're both looking for work." She answered

"I have a proposition for both of you. How about you guys come work for me? As assistants"

"Really? Well that solves that problem. Tell me more about the job description." She asked him.

"Thank you for the offer Kian. Really, but I have to decline."

"What? Why?" Luana asked me.

"He works with Ronan," I stated and she made a 'oh' face.

Seeing Ronan everyday would just make me feel immense guilt all the time. Everyday would just be reminder of what I lost. Working there would just be torture.