Mixed Signals

Two Months Later (August)

Its been eight weeks since that steamy day in the office. Ronan and I haven't spoke about it nor do we speak about anything that's not pertaining to business. He goes out of his way to avoid me, and uses Marissa to send messages to me. The only thing that hasn't changed, is our homemade lunch agreement. He would always send Marissa to fetch it though.

I stopped trying to fix things after last week. I tried to start a conversation with him about it and he yelled at me saying if it's not work related he doesn't want to hear it, he also told me to stop trying to fix things and that there isn't going to be a us again. He then proceeded to kick me out of his office and slam the door behind me. I can't say I wasn't disappointed and hurt but I understand that he's still hurt about what I did. Even I am.

By this time Marissa knew there was something going on between us, and she kept trying to beat it out of me. I just don't have it in me to tell her that I'm his ex fiancé and that I fucked up things between us so badly.

I've been holed up in my office all day doing paperwork, and once I'm done I have to hand them to Marissa to give to Ronan. After Marissa came for the paperwork, she came back knocking on my door.

"Come in,"

"Let's have lunch together, you've been having lunch in here everyday now." Marissa says.

"Fine, just give me a minute." I accepted her offer.

"I'll be out here, oh and James is coming with us," She let's me know.

"No problem," I smirked at her

After I finished up in my office, Marissa and I made our way to the lobby to meet James. James is from accounting, Marissa let's me know that she has a crush on him. She also went further to let me know they had one night of passion during one of the company parties. James was a nice guy, handsome too.

After we met in the lobby we made our way to a small restaurant two doors over from the company. We all sat having small talk. I watched how James and Marissa interacted with each other. It was kinda cute, James was definitely interested in Marissa. His eyes would light up every time she spoke, he gave her his full attention, he was smiling a whole lot and leaning towards her when she spoke. I almost felt like third wheel. I was happy they invited me out though.

Marissa went to the bathroom and James spoke up.

"You know Alora, you look awfully familiar are you sure we haven't met before?" He asked leaning back and folding his arms.

Shit, I knew people were gonna recognize me because I used to come to the company a lot to bring Ronan his lunch and spend his lunch with him. I was gonna deny it though.

"No, I don't think so I've been overseas for the past five years, well almost five years," I said telling him the partial truth. I decided to change the subject. "So, when are you gonna ask her out?"