CHAPTER FIVE

Note: there are spoilers to Avengers: Endgame and Need For Speed below. If you haven't watched those movies and don't want to be spoiled, I suggest you move on to the next chapter. I promise you'll catch up to the story :)

Riiinnnggg, Riiinnnggg, Rii...

"What is it, Sydney?"

"Hi Mick, I just wanted to tell you to come to Austin earlier," said the Haas social media coordinator, "There's something we need you to do."

"Okay. Will Ember be there?"

"Yes." Okay that's good, at least I'm not in trouble, unless Ember is too, but that's highly unlikely.

"Anything else?" I asked, "If not, I'm going back to sleep, Sydney."

"Oh sorry it's so early in the morni-" I hung up. Was it really necessary to do whatever we're going to do? Or is it just a waste of time? Probably just a waste of time... but it's team orders, so I had to go.

I groaned, and jumped onto my bed, trying to sleep again. 5 minutes passed and I still hadn't fallen asleep yet. Screw it, I thought. I decided to give up my sleep and continue with my day.

Well I have nothing to do, so let's see what plane tickets there are.

***

I heard a knock upon the door, I opened it to find Gerard, my personal trainer, staring in my face. He didn't say anything, just gestured in the direction of the gym. It's time for our workout session again! Ahhh why does time pass so fast?

I never liked going to the gym. It's tiring, it's painful, it's everything I didn't want right now. And yet, I needed to understand that it's good for me. It would be beneficial in the long run. But seriously though, could I not go? No.

I started off the gym session with a little warm up. I moved around a little, stretching and flexing my arms, legs, neck and so on. When I was done, I had to do 50 pushups, followed by 50 pull-ups and 20 second planks for 10 times.

Gerard had really outdone himself to torture me by saving the worst for last. I was almost exhausted!

He ordered me to run 4km on the treadmill, with maximum inclination.

"Come on Gerard, can we not do that?" I protested.

He shook his head. "Mick, you're an F1 driver, how can you complain about a 4km run?"

I groaned in defeat, and reluctantly turned on the treadmill. I faintly heard a "speed 14" by Gerard as the thunderous sound of the treadmill motor roared louder than ever. They should upgrade their treadmills. So loud, I thought.

30 more metres, 20 more metres, 10 more metres, done! I immediately jumped off the treadmill, feeling really dizzy from the 'disconnection between body and brain' while on the treadmill.

"Come here, kiddo." I sat down beside Gerard. "Now I'm gonna teach you some meditation."

Gerard guided my breathing and my movements. He said this helps calm my body down after an intense workout, and reduces fatigue.

Close my eyes, breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe... Where in the world was Gerard?

I roamed around the room, trying to find him, but I couldn't. "Gerard, are you playing hide and seek with me?" No reply. I guess the session's over.

As I was just about to hit the road home, Gerard entered with a bluetooth speaker.

"What is that for?" I pointed to it.