Chapter 33

Nick:
I hope you will consider what I have to offer.

Scarlett:
Have to offer?

I am still thinking about it. And like you said,we will discuss it in detail when I get back.

Nick:
And when is that?

Scarlett:
I have no idea. I am still thinking about it.

And were are we exactly gonna discuss it?

Nick:
You see to be doing a lot of thinking lately. Do I -by any chance- cross your mind? Cause I can't stop thinking about you.

At one of the company branches. Wait,let me sent you the address.

Scarlett:
If only you knew how much.
If I had a penny for every time I thought of you,I would be rich by now.

Good night,Mr. Wildwood. :-)

------

"What day is it?" Asked mother who was steering the pot while Mandla was busy chopping vegetables.

"Wednesday.  It's Wednesday mother." I said with a smile. I had just came back from an outing with Liana. I had on a simple pair of jeans with a plain t-shirt. Nothing extreme.

I threw myself on a chair facing the ocean and untied my hair, messing it up with a hand. I was tired and hungry. And a bit lonely,though I was surrounded by people. Peolpe tahat loved and cared for me. But here I was missing the one person that was miles away.

I leaned on it and took out my phone to call Ana. We had not talked in a while and all I knew was that she was doing fine. Didn't miss me,not one bit. Right when I was about to press call, the damned door bell rang and I was ordered to get it. "Scarlett get the door." Said mother. Sofia would have done it or dad but they were way too busy according to her.

Dad was upstairs  doing 'something important' and Sofia was down stairs,were I was,laying on a couch with her feet in the air.

She was busy alright. Busy talking to her friends.

I went to the door overly annoyed and irritated. I turned the knob and opened the door forcefully.  Who ever was on the other side,was gonna get killed.

I pulled the the door open,ready to yell my heart out at the other person.

How dare they come at such a time! When I wanted some online time with my girl

"Are you  trying to-" I stopped,my eyes falling on the person that had rang the bell. How the hell did he- I got the biggest shock of my life. My heart nearly stopped beating at the sight and my mind went into a shut down. Nick was standing by the door with a look on his face. A 'surprise' face.

We had literally talked just hours ago and he said nothing about coming here. About coming to my house.

I tensed up and I was certain he noticed. I was supposed to see him in three days.  Yes,I had cut my holiday short because of him and also I had a meeting I had to attend in Seattle on Tuesday.

My moth opened but nothing came out. I  basically looked like a fish out of water,barely holding on. And just when I had regained my composure and ready to flood him with all kinds of questions,Sofia came around the corner. "Who is he?" She asked in a dreamy voice and nudged me on the ribs. Like?the guy was literally three feet from us. She could have asked him herself. And the nudging had to stop. It hurt.