21. Parents

⚠️ Violence/abuse ⚠️

Standing in front of my house, It makes me really miss Boston, I want to go back

It's not that I don't miss my parents. I do. But them not being around my whole life made me get used to this feeling.

Ringing the doorbell I wait for someone to open it.

It's my house, I should just open the door.

Just as I'm about to put my hand In the door handle, the door opens and there's my dad.

My dad is 6'0 foot tall, has light green eyes with brown hair. He works so much that you can see the stress lines on his face and as always he's wearing a dark blue suite, with a stern expression.

"You're late." That's the first word that my dad says after not seeing me for about 6 months. 'You're late' wow.

"Hi dad." I give him a small smile, while shifting from one foot to another.

He only nods at me and moves out of the way.

As I walk inside my house, I look around and see that nothing has changed. I mean they're never home so what did I expected?

"Dinner's in 20 minutes go freshen up." My dad says as he walks away.

I sigh shaking my head, my dad have always been like this, he never shows any kind of emotion, when things don't go the way he wants, he's more rude than ever, It used to hurt a lot when I was little, but I got used to it.

Of course my parents wanted me to get my business degree and work with them. But I always wanted to be a nurse, and they were not happy with that.

I walk into my room and smile as I walk into my safe place.

___

___

After showering I choose to wear a dark blue summer dress that has some white flowers on it.

To be honest I don't want to go downstairs, I don't like having dinner with my parents because they always has something bad to say about me

Sighing I let me hair down, and begin to walk towards the dinner room.

As I walk in, I see that mom and dad are already sitting. I give them a small smile as I sit in front of mom.

I look at all the food in front of me licking my lips, I'm so hungry, it feels like I haven't eaten in days.

"How's college Liliana." Mom suddenly asks just as I start eating.

"It's good." I say looking at her, while chewing my steak that tastes really good. I know where this is going.

"When are you going to start your business classes." My dad asks.

That was fast I thought that we were going to talk about our day's first.

I sigh putting my fork down, "Dad, I already told you guys, I'm not doing it." I tell them quietly not wanting to start an argument.

"Unbelievable." My dad shakes his head, " we did everything for you, and you can't even do a little bit for us.?" He raises his voice, and glares at me.

I look at mom to see that she's also glaring at me.

I gulp and look down at my hands, " It's my future we're talking about, I don't want to work for you guys." I say quietly.

Just as I'm about to look at them, A gasp leaves me as I feel a hard slap on my face, that I almost fall out of my chair from the force.

'Ouch'

I blink In shock and look to see that my dad is the one that hit me.

My dad just hit me.

He has always been rude but he never put his hands on me.

"You worthless bitch, why can't you just do what me and your mom tells you to do.?" I flinch as he screams on my face, and gives my other cheek a hard slap.

I fall into the floor holding my face, looking at him with watery eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I cry, and look at my mom to see her looking at me with no emotion in her face.

"Get out of my way." My dad screams and glares down at me, "GET OUT." He raises his hands again but I stand up and run up into my room.

Locking my bedroom door, I walk into the bathroom and look at myself on the mirror.

My eyes are red and puffy from crying and my face is flushed.

I cry harder as I see the hand print on my cheeks.

I've never thought that my dad would ever hit me.

Parents are supposed to love their child not slap them in the face because they didn't choose business as their major.

After 6 months of not seeing their child, they're supposed to say 'hi, I missed you.'

Parents are supposed to tell their child that they love them and that they're proud of them, not call them a 'worthless bitch'.

I just want to hear an I love you.

I walk back into my room and sit on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands, trying to figure it out what I'm going to do.

I cry harder when I see that I have a new text.

Lock Screen
Liliana • 8:50pm

Lock ScreenLiliana • 8:50pm

_______

Authors note:

Thank you so much for the 9.8k views, I've never thought that this book was going to grow so much, you guys are the best ❤️ We're almost at 10k !!

As I told you guys before, English is not my first language, so I'm so sorry for the mistakes :(

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

(If you're having any problems at home and wants to talk, I'm here okay ❤️)