It's Valentine's week

Trisha's POV

Next day when I went to school, everyone was looking at me like I was some wanted criminal, looking at my face, looking for answers but no one dared to say anything because I always have this ' say something inappropriate and I will break your face' look plus being Amanda's sister helps sometimes as well but yes I owe an explanation to my friends, so I told them briefly about yesterday and the day's significance in my life. Of course they understood but asked me to promise them to share whatever bothers me as now they are my friends too. I was grateful after hearing that. Other than all this, there was the matter with Shawn, I mean what almost happened yesterday but I really didn't want to bring it up because that would only complicate things and I don't want it to affect the progress our friendship had mad. So, I decided to act as if nothing happened and I think Shawn had a same thought as he also didn't bring it up, so I was thankful. After that the day went by normally if you don't count every other student looking at me like they have seen a mermaid walking or a vampire.

After few days, came a week I couldn't care any less about. Yes, if you are good at calculation I am talking about Valentine's week. I am a hopeless romantic watching kdramas and other romantic shows but never had any interest in this week. Well maybe because I never had a boyfriend before or something but still I knew that this year wouldn't be any different.

7th February, Rose day
I went to school with the same energy as every year that is not expecting anything plus it's not like I wanted something from someone ( What about Shawn? You don't want anything from him too?) My stupid subconscious has to intervene. Well, I can't lie to myself now, can I ? Maybe I want something from him but I can't but taken his past actions in account, maybe I will get a rose this time.
You see I never got a rose or as a matter of fact anything in Valentine's week. First year, I was a strange, weirdo who was trying her best to adjust and adapt and after that I adapted so well that no one dared to step close. Weird, I know.

But there was one guy who still gave me rose and everything as per the week. Now, now don't get your hopes so high. It's Jer, my dear bro. He knows that I will have a face that would say a big 'No' to every other guy, so every year he gets me the things. I am sure he has bought a rose this year too.

I reached the hallway and it was like roses were on sale or something. Every girl has atleast a rose in her hand. Before I could prepare myself to dodge everyone and reach my class without embarrassing myself, there came the voice of my saviour.

"Just the girl I was looking for." I turned around and there he was Jer with a cute rose in his hand.

"You never forget."

"How could I. I have every right too."

"Don't you think you are seizing someone else's right,". I teased him. " Plus I am not the one you should be giving this."

"Hey. I am not seizing anyone's right. I come first and I always will. I will approve the guy then only he can give you roses and about the other thing, I am sure she already has a dozen of them."

I laughed at how protective he is about me and felt bad too as how he has liked Amanda for so long and still hasn't been able to to say it to her. I really hope he do that before leaving for college.

"Please try already. You might get me a chance as well,". I said the last line tok quietly for him to understand.

"We will see. Anyway I am getting late. I will see you around. Bye."

"Yaa. Bye. I have to go too."

I left for my class and there also it was like rose garden. I saw Max and Alex sitting there and even Alex had a rose in her hand.