Sport's event is incomplete without a drama

Trisha' POV

Few days went by after the awesome weekend of Rakshabandhan. Everything was normal as usual. Me desperately wanting to talk to Shawn but not being able to muster the courage and also couldn't find him alone at the school. He was either with his friends, at the practice and if not then with Bethany, apparently telling her the ins and outs of the town and school. As if a month wasn't enough.

It was friday and due to some reasons both Max and Alex had to go somewhere and hence I had no one to had lunch with. I was sitting at our usual spot alone with notes of my biology class in one hand and my lunch at the table. I took the notes to indulge myself in something as I had to eat alone and I hated the stares of people.

I was about to eat when my eyes drifter to the table where Amanda and her friends usual sat and there he was Mr Allen with Bethany engrossed in their talking.

I was too engrossed in looking at them that I didn't realise when someone came and stood next to my seat.

"Will you stop doing that. You are scaring others," that startled me and looked to see and there standing were my sister and her two friends.

These days they had made this a trend to startle me by coming out of nowhere and commenting on whatever I was doing. Well most of the time I was sulking looking angrily at Shawn and his new bestie.

Even we don't get a good vibe from her. Arghhh," Ali rolled her eyes in annoyance," You have to stop being jealous and start doing something."

"I was not jealous," and before Sasha could comment I said," And yes it helps me sleep at night." She just rolled her eyes and went to the table where others were eating.

Amanda didn't go with them and sat beside me. I knew she had something to say and something was telling me it wasn't about Shawn.

"What?" I asked.

"It's sports day this Saturday for the 11th and 12th graders to get friendly with each other. I was asked to remind everyone," she replied.

"There wasn't anything like this last year," I didn't remember anything like that.

"There was," she gave me ' you need to put pressure on your mind look '.

Then it clicked my mind,"Oh yaa, I skipped it last year, so I am gonna do that again."

"You can't....," She rained on my parade.

"Why? Those who wants to be friendly have already become too close( looking at Shawn and that girl with sarcastic smile) and I have no plans in getting friendly with our juniors, so I will skip."

"You can't as it's mandatory for the seniors and it will affect you final term grades. That's what I was telling you before when you very nonchalantly interrupted me to show your anger on someone specific."

"I am not angry."

"Yaa I know you are not. You are just jealous sis."

"Hey, you," how dared she tease me knowing the whole situation.

"All the best for the games as the teams will be made by mixing the juniors and seniors."

"What? "Then I might as well get a friendship band for her too."

"It's just not about her but all the juniors."

"Whatever. I am leaving. Bye."

"You haven't had your lunch yet." I wasn't in the mood.

"I will have it somewhere else. I don't think I will have an appetite here."

"You know you are being unreasonable here."