Back Again

"Hey, Bandit!" I heard a duck whistle and my camp nickname from outside my house.
The newspaper had described me as a bandit because of my puck stealing skills, after that it sort of just caught on around camp.

I looked outside my window to see my old team and Charlie with their jerseys on. "Let's play some real hockey! No eden hockey stuff! You down?" Charlie yelled up to me. "Hell ya!" I shouted grabbing my stuff and running down the stairs.

"Hey cake-eater! You wanna play some real hockey?" Jesse yelled to Adam while I skated out of my house. "Yeah!" He yelled with a crack in his voice making me laugh and cringe at the boy.

We skated through the park just shouting and cheering. I was skating with Averman while Connie went off with Guy and Aspen went off with Charlie. They're all still dating. Healthy couples, must be nice.

We all stood back and watched Fulton tie Larson, McGill, and some other hawk who's name I don't care enough to remember, to a tree. "That'll teach 'em to mess with the ducks!"

"Yeah!" We all cheered skating up to them.

"How was your summer guys? Looks like your a little tied up today, huh?" I joked skating around and up closer to the tree. "Looking good, Anderson." Larson smirked looking at me. "I know. I wish I could say the same for you." I shrugged before winking at him then skating back to my team.

-

"Ducks!" We chanted over and over again as we skated up to coach. I smiled and he gave me a side hug. "Welcome back ducks! Are you ready to fly?" He said making us all cheer, "Yeah!"

We heard honking and looked to see a limo driving up to us. "Last time I've seen a limo was when we first met Bombay." I said and Connie nodded from next to me.

"Hey guys! I'm Don Tibbles, Hendrix Hockey Apparel." We're your official sponsors. Anybody want a card?" A man with curly grey hair stuck his head out of the limo.

We all skated up and took cards. "Here." Adam said giving me a card. "Thanks." I smiled. Well this is awkward, I thought looking around.

"You look good." Adam said while everyone was catching up with each other on their summers. "I know. You too." I joked trying to make it less awkward, he let out a little laugh. "I know." He joked back making us both laugh.

"So...how was your summer?" I asked him.

"Good. You?"

"Good."

"I saw you in the paper." Adam nodded as I rocked back and forth on my feet. "Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."

"Yeah..."

"Scarlett! Come here." Connie dragged me away. "What?" I asked confused rubbing where she pulled my arm. "Oh, nothing. Me and Aspen saw you were struggling so I just came to get you." She explain and Aspen laughed. "That was the most awkward thing I've ever seen. That genuinely pained me to watch." She said making Connie giggle. "I know."  I groaned disappointedly.

-

"Scarlett! You look amazing! The outfit, the makeup, the hair! I'm so happy you're back." Bianca squealed while she walked into Aspen's room. "What about me?" Aspen glared at her sister. "What about you?" Bianca shot back sitting on the bed. "Get out!" Aspen whacked her sister with a pillow a bunch of times.

"I came to tell you I got a boyfriend!" Bianca yelled while getting hit. "Wait. What?" Aspen stopped hitting the girl while both of our eyes widened. "Yeah. Max from the baseball team!" She smiled trying to contain her excitement. "Wait- Max Wilson? Like the hot Max Wilson!" I exclaimed as she nodded.

"Oh my god!"

"No way!"

"Yeah. Now help me get ready for our date. He'll be here soon!" She said and we ran into her room to help her with an outfit.

-

"Guys...guess what." Connie said to me and Aspen while she jumped through my window. "Huh?"

"My mom said yes to the whole team USA traveling thing! What about you guys?" She asked plopping onto the bed. "My mom said she didn't care as long as I brought her back some souvenir shit." Aspen nodded as I braided her hair. "My parents aren't even home to care so Bombay knows I'm going." I nodded finishing her braids.

"Let's talk about you and Adam. Because we really need to talk about it." Connie said jumping onto my purple bean bag and Aspen agreed. "What's there to talk about? We broke up. Over and done with."

"But I'm team Sadam! Im losing mine and Aspen's bet. Please get back together already!" Connie whined while shaking my shoulders. "Team Sadam? What even- wait what bet?" I looked at them but the two just looked away from me.

"Uh.."

"We kinda sorta made a bet if we thought you guys were gonna last or not." Aspen blurted out quickly. "You didn't think we'd last?"

"You were ten. What ten year old relationship lasts?" Aspen defended herself. "Hm, I don't know. Yours and Connie's!" I said making her face drop. "Okay, whatever. Not a good example. But, you get my point. Besides, I really liked you and Cam together." She sighed while Connie glared at her.

"I, for one, am day one team Adam. Can you believe she's team Cameron? You and Adam are meant to be. And I can't be twenty dollars short for California, so get back together so I can get my money." Connie crossed her arms with a huff.

"Okay, whatever you say, mom." I joked. 
.

-

heyy
im beyond excited for this book! I have so many things planned I hope they all turn out good.