Trouble in Paradise

The crowd erupted into cheers as Russ' knuckle-puck flew into the goal. We're leading 3-1 against Russia.

"They'll put him in, but not me?" Emily scoffed sitting down next to Adam. "Yes." Adam spoke up harshly. "What's your deal lately. You can't just kiss me and then be a total ass."

"Uh oh." I mumbled from behind the two, Larson and I crept closer to get a better listen. "You completely ruined my relationship. You knew what you were doing." Adam spat while Emily just laughed. "You did that yourself the second you kissed Emily back, bud." I laughed dryly.

"Trouble in paradise, huh?" Alex raised his eye brows while the two snapped their heads to look at him. "Hate to rub it in, but everything's going good over here." He slung an arm around my shoulder and gave me a look to go along with it. "Yup." That was all I managed to let out.

"Is this some sort of joke?" Adam scoffed giving me a look of pure shock. "Does it seem like it?" Larson taunted giving Adam a smirk. "You moved on that fast?" He asked me in disbelief, completely ignoring Alex. "You have the audacity to ask me that? Are you serious? We're you not the one that cheated?" I shook my head leaning back against the wall.

"Whatever."

-

"Scarlett, my baby! Oh my, you look so beautiful!" Miss. Conway exclaimed walking towards me. "Mama Conway! Words can't describe how much I missed you." I pulled her into the tightest hug I've ever given someone. "I've heard all of what happened. Are you okay? You can come to me if you ever need to talk, I got a hotel near by, just a street away. You can visit anytime you'd like."

"Thank you, I'm fine right now, though. I think I just need more time to think about it all." I shrugged and she nodded understandingly. We talked for a little while and caught up on everything until Aspen came over and got me.

"The bitch wants to see you." She sighed earning a slap to the back of the head. I looked over to see Bianca, "Oh bless us." I joked going to give the girl a hug. "I think I missed you more than Aspen." Bianca laughed while Aspen let out a scoff. "Screw you. I don't even miss you, anyway." The red-head flipped her sister off.

"Guess who I brought?" Bianca piped up excitedly. "Praying it's someone to assassinate Emily for us." Aspen muttered causing me to let out a laugh. "That'll be the day."

"Hey guys! You played great today. Oh, and Scarlett, sorry about your head. I've seen you play before, though. You guys are awesome." I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. Max fucking Wilson is standing in front of me, telling me I was awesome. I might faint.

I think Aspen felt the same, because she gripped onto my arm tightly and put all her weight on my body. "Hi, I'm Aspen....Hi." She sighed dreamily and Bianca shook her head. "He knows that, your my sister, dipshit."

"Hi." Was all Aspen managed to breathe out. She wouldn't look away from the boy. I managed to pull myself together so I don't look like a total idiot. "Hi, nice to meet you." I shook his hand with a smile. "We've gotta get back, but we'll see you guys soon, right?" I questioned trying to help Aspen balance on her own again.

"Yeah, definitely. Don't forget to call if you ever need to talk." Bianca waved while her and Max took off.

That sentence was something I've heard way too many times in the last couple days. I know, people are just being nice but I it seems like when I get asked that question I just want to break down.

It's alway: "Are you okay, do you need to talk?" Which makes me want to just collapse and curl up into a ball, and actually face the fact that I'm not okay. I really couldn't handle being asked those questions.

I've purposely been avoiding all situations. I haven't talked to my family, Bombay, I've had minor arguments with Adam, and I've visited the doctors once or twice. I'm just too scared to actually do something about all my problems.

"Breathe, Aspen. Can you stand up on your own?" I asked the girl who's eyes were still glued to the spot Max was standing in earlier. "Hi." She mumbled falling back into my arms.

"Guess not." I took a step back and she fell on her face. "Ow! What the hell?!" She groaned looking up at me. "Ah, nice to have you back." I smiled helping the girl up. "You just touched me with the hand that Max Wilson shook. I'm never washing my hands again."

"Yeah, let's not do that." I suggested as we walked back to the locker room to get our bags. Everyone was gone already so we just took out time to get back to the dorms.

-
just finished the first day of school, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

but it still sucked