Scrimmage

"Great day for hockey ain't it?" Dwayne said to Jesse as they took the face off. I was on right wing Connie was on left. "Sure is, cowboy." Jesse teased as the puck dropped. Dwayne put the put though his legs then flipped Jesse over. He passed it to Luis who was speeding to the net. Coach yelled for Goldberg to look out but it was too late.

Luis crashed into the net, "Is he okay?" Connie skated up to me worriedly. "He's fine Connie." Guy said flatly. "Are you sure?" Aspen asked trying to get a better view. "Yeah, he didn't hit his face, right?" I asked watching as he stood up from the net. "He's fine." Adam hit the top of my hockey helmet.

"Well, excuse me for caring about my new teammate." I huffed crossing my arms. "Not the face, not the face." He mocked me trying to imitate my voice. "I do not sound like that!"

"I do not sound like that!"

"Whatever. Asshole." I mumbled the last part glaring at the boy. "Asshole." He mocked as I tripped him with my hockey stick. "Ow! What the hell!" He yelled trying to get up. "What the hell!" I mocked him before we skated back to our original playing positions.

Adam had the puck then Dean flipped him over while stealing it. I stood above him and laughed. "Laugh, go ahead." He said struggling to get up. "Are you okay?" Emily skated up to him while trying to help him up. "Fine, thanks." He nodded ignoring the hand she put out for him. "I'm Emily." She smiled at him.

Does she not know I'm here too?, I thought to myself.

"Hate to interrupt, Emily, but there's a game going on behind us. Thanks." I nodded before getting back into the game.

"Haven't you guys been training in the off season?" Bombay asked me and Averman who stood back from the game to avoid getting flipped over by Dean. "Y'know I knew we forgot something." Averman said sarcastically before skating back in the game. "What about you Anderson?"

"I guess you could say I have." I shrugged throwing my water towards my bag. "Well, get out there snd show me you have." He nodded and I skated off.

Adam was skating towards Julie and I skated beside him taking the puck and putting it through his legs. "Wait, where did- Scarlett!" He yelled spinning around after he realized I took it. "Sorry, Banks. Maybe next time." I said as I shot the puck into the goal. "Good, shot, Anderson. Way to show 'em!" Bombay yelled clapping.

"Look out!" All the ducks bent down while  Fulton went to shoot and the new kids just stood around confused. He shot the puck and it hit off the goal post, the ceiling beam, then right at Mr. Tibbles head.

-

Right now we're all standing over an unconscious Don Tibbles. Not exactly how I was picturing today's practice.

"I'll have uh, the cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake, please." He said waking up slowly making us all laugh. "I'm Michelle MacKay, their tutor." The woman who was helping wake Tibbles up introduced herself.

"Who said we need a tutor?" Adam asked as the team agreed with him. "I don't need no school." Dean said making me roll my eyes. "And yet your grammar tells me otherwise." I looked at him as he glared at me.

"Now, Miss. MacKay, we're America's team here. Shouldn't we be concentrating on hockey? May I suggest, optional attendance?" Goldberg tried to reason with the woman, and the team agreed with his suggestion.

"Well, that's not a bad idea." She said. "Call me Goldberg." He introduced himself. "Goldberg. Yes. School will be optional." Miss. MacKay nodded making us all cheer. "However, should you not attend, you will not be eligible to play." She finished making us all let out complaints.

-

"Guy, back up!" I yelled as we drove into the boards on the hockey rink. Me, Guy, Connie, and Averman stole the ice machine thingy, as Averman likes to call it, and we're driving it around the rink. Guy crashed into the boards and  we all froze.

We stood up to see Bombay talking to Miss. MacKay. "Oh, shit. Run." I yelled and we all yelled sorry while running away.

"That was awesome!" Guy yelled as we walked into the locker room. "I think I saw my life flash before my eyes." Averman panted with his hand on his heart. "Come on you big baby, that was so much fun!" I laughed getting my bags. "Remind me never to listen to you three again." Connie shook her head.

"Admit it Con, you know you liked it."

"Okay, maybe. But never, ever, again."

-

"Hi, I'm Emily." The blonde girl from earlier walked up to me while Aspen and I waited for Bianca to come pick us up. Aspen was saying bye to Charlie, they make it seem like they're never going to see each other again.

"Hi, I'm Sc-"

"I know who you are." She smiled and I looked at her confused. "Oh, sorry, you were in the paper. Camp Eden Armor's star player. You're really good."

"Oh, yeah. Thanks." I nodded awkwardly. She seemed too nice, I don't like it. But earlier Connie yelled at me for being an over-thinker so maybe she's right. "I like your accent. What is it?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Icelandic. That's where I'm from." She said making my face scrunch up in confusion. "Correct me if I'm wrong but, if your from Iceland shouldn't you be playing with them?"

"I came to the US shortly before I was picked for the games. They gave me an offer for both and I decided to go with USA since I was here." She explained making me nod. "Oh, okay." I nodded. I was still confused, I just didn't say anything.

"Scar, rides here." Aspen said walking to the doors. "I have to go. Nice meeting you."

"You too." She waved as I followed Aspen out the doors.

-
sorry these last few chapters haven't been the best. they're unedited, and I haven't read them over. it's back to school time, and I'm doing my summer reading.

i hope you're all enjoying the book so far, trust me it gets better as it goes on!