xix. Set it Off

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

          Fairy Godmother came unfrozen and the five vks ran back up the aisle to meet her. "What just happened?" Evie asked what the other vks were thinking.

"I have no idea," Mal answered.

"Did you do it?" Queenie asked.

"I don't know," Mal answered, as they came to a small purple lizard in the path, Fairy Godmother meeting them.

"No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why It's so itty-bitty," Fairy Godmother explained.

"Is she gonna be like that forever?" Mal asked, leaning down to look closer at her mother.

"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love. So can she," Fairy Godmother answered.

"I believe this belongs to you," Mal said, handing the Fairy Godmother her wand.

"And I believe this belongs to you," Fairy Godmother handed Mal Ben's ring. Mal put on the ring and Fairy Godmother addressed all four villain kids. "You all have earned yourselves an "a" in goodness class," the teens laughed "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

          Everyone in the church unfrozen and Ben roared running over to Mal, Mal reached out and stopped him. "Okay, okay! Oh! We kinda got this all wrapped up here,"

"Next time, I rescue you, okay?" Ben said, picking Mal up and spinning her in a hug.

"Yeah. Let's not let there be a next time, okay?" Mal said.

Alistair got away from his sister and rushed over to Queenie, "Queenie are you-?" he asked

"I'm just fine," she laughed, "actually I'm happy," she said, looking around at her friends and seeing a sad-looking Jane. Queenie looked over at Mal, who was also watching Jane, both girls knowing it was their fault Jane wanted the wand.

"I will be right back," They both said, excusing themselves and walking over to Jane and Fairy Godmother.

"I love you. But you are on a major time-out," Fairy Godmother was saying to Jane.

"Don't be too hard on Jane," Mal said as the pair got to them

"We were the one who put all that crazy stuff in her head," Queenie explained,

"You are beautiful..." Mal said, reaching out and grabbing Jane's hand "Inside and out. Your mom got that right"

"I guess I did get pretty lucky in the mother department," Jane agreed

"Yeah, I guess so," Queenie said, smiling at Jane, and the fairy Godmother.

"Hey, Queenie," Alison said, stepping up to Queenie, as she stepped away from Mal.

"Hi," Queenie said, not really sure what to say, Alison and she had not gotten on well, but she'd like to change that.

"I wanted to Apologise," Alison said,

"really?" Queenie asked, shocked.

"Really," Alison said. "I shouldn't have judged you, you have proven me wrong, very wrong, and as my mother once said. It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then,"

Queenie smiled, "well in that case I expected," the pair of girls walked back over to Ben and the other vks, and Alistair wrapped one arm around each of them. A man moved to put a glass lid over Maleficent. "Hey!" Mal said, turning to him. "Careful! That's my mom!"

"Well, let's get this party started!" Jay called.

"Ohay Ohay, hey"

≻♡≺

          Okay so Queenie still didn't understand the point of just bursting into song, or why everyone in Auradon seemed to do it all the time, but she did have to admit it was pretty fun dancing around with her friends. "Set it off, set it off, set it off, Oh yeah yeah Let's set it off Oh yeah You can make it happen Ohay, Ohay Hey!"

"Kings and Queens, it's our time to rise. Write the book story of our lives, This is us taking back the night," Ben sang, standing on the stage in front of the castle.

"Ohay, Ohay," everyone sang

"Break the spell, we were born this way, Be yourself, forget the DNA, Everybody raise your hands and say," Mal sang, joining Ben in centre stage.

"Ohay, Ohay, hey!"

"Sound the alarm, get on your feet Let's set it off and rock this beat Dance till your heart is wild and free," Queenie sang, walking down a path of students dancing around her as Evie mirrored her on the other side of Ben and Mal.

"Ooh, Oh, Oh,"

"Feeling the power, let it all out, Like what you see in the mirror, shout We got the keys, the kingdom's ours," Evie sang. Alistair held out his hand to Queenie and she took it dancing with him.

"Ooh, Oh, Oh, Ohay, Ohay Hey, Let's set it off! Oh yeah Start a chain reaction, Never let it stop! Let's set it off, oh yeah You can make it happen With everything you got! Let's set it off! Get ready, set it off Come on We got to set it off On the right Get ready, set it off To the left We got to set it off! Ohay Ohay Hey!" Everyone sang. Queenie and Alistair danced in the middle with Mal and Ben.

"Yo! It's time to set this thing off, Let's make it happen now I'll make my own future, ignore the rumours, Show 'em my passion sound They all told me I should back down Judgin' me 'cause of my background Thinking 'bout changing my path now Nah, I ain't goin' out like that now," Jay and Carlos sang together. each extending a hand to Jane to dance.

"Feeling the power, let it all out, Like what you see in the mirror, shout," Audrey sang, joining in on the song and dancing with Jay.

"We got the keys, the kingdom's ours," Jay sang.

"Ooh Oh Oh! Oh yeah! Let's set it off! Oh yeah, Let's set this off! Start a chain reaction, Never let it stop! Let's set it off! Let's set this off! Oh yeah, Let's set this off! You can make it happen With everything you got! Let's set it off! Get ready, set it off! Come on We got to set it off! That's right! Get ready, set it off! We got to set it off! Get ready, set it off, We got to set it off, Get ready to set it off Come on!" Everyone sang and danced happily with one another.

"3, 2, 1, Uh!" the song broke into a dance break and Mal and Ben made their way to the balcony.

"Ooh yeah! Let's set it off! Oh yeah, Let's set this off! Start a chain reaction, Never let it stop! Let's set it off Let's set this off! Oh yeah, Let's set this off! You can make it happen With everything you got! Let's set it off! Get ready, set it off Come on We got to set it off!" Everyone sang.

At some point during the singing and dancing, Alistair pulled Queenie away from it all. and over to a bench. "So I make you happy huh," Alistair said, smugly to Queenie.

"Don't go growing a big head," Queenie laughed.

"No, I just-, You make me-,"

"I know I heard the song," Queenie said smiling.

"I think we should try this whole thing again," Alistair said, holding out his hand to Queenie. "Hi, I'm Alistair,"

Queenie laughed, taking his hand. "Just kiss me," she said.

"Alright, but we just met so it's kind of a strange request," Alistair joked, leaning in and kissing Queenie. Their lips met in a sweet kiss just as fireworks went off behind them. Queenie smiled into the kiss. She could get used to this.