chapter six

Ever since that night, ever since that kiss that may have appeared innocent and meaningless at first, both Regulus and Ariel had been feeling troubled. They talked less but the atmosphere wasn't awkward between them. The blond boy had even started acting more flirty with him. When they would cross paths in the hallways or would be eating not far away from each other, Ariel would send the younger boy, small amused grins or would stare at him with a knowing look in his eyes. No matter how crowded the place was, Ariel would always find Regulus. And whenever they were all alone, whether it was in their late night chat sessions or when they would found themselves together in a corridor, Ariel would lightly kiss the boy's cheeks without hesitation. He was getting used to receiving this type of affection, and if he had to be honest, he was enjoying it a little more every time. The older boy was frustrated Regulus wouldn't get as flustered as before but he was glad they both felt more at ease with each other.

Days passed by and the weather changed. It was less cold but rainier. Quidditch continued and was approaching its finale. As per usual, Slytherin was opposing Gryffindor. Both teams were excellent of course but Gryffindor was obviously the favorite. However it didn't stop Ariel from betting with some Gryffindors. He was confident like he would usually be.

That morning, after breakfast, he accompanied Regulus to the pitch before the match so he could prepare up with his team. They were all alone on the way, so Ariel didn't hesitate in putting his arm around Regulus' shoulders and the boy unconsciously snuggled to his side.

"You aren't nervous, right?"

"No. I am not nervous. And anyway we'll probably lose like the past years. These gits are strong hm..."

"You're kidding right? I bet 20 Galleons on Slytherin's victory again," whined the older boy.

"Are you serious? I don't know when you started betting but didn't you notice that we lose in finale every time against Gryffindor..."

"Sure I noticed but I can't lose hope for my team."

"Don't hope too much," muttered the boy in return.

"Oh Regulus, don't be pessimistic," told him Ariel dramatically, which made the youngest smile a little.

As he said that, they were arriving to the pitch. The match wouldn't start for some minutes still so they had time. Ariel detached himself from the younger boy so he could face him more properly. They were looking each other in the eye, Regulus was keeping his usual expressionless features while Ariel was offering him a smirk. Being the touchy person he was, he brought up his hand to lightly caress his cheek with all his gentleness and the boy adored this feeling. He wanted to melt into it.

Suddenly, a voice from behind blurt out, "Malfoy, even flirting with blokes now? That's gross mate."

The two boys only realized how close they were when they immediately detached themselves.

"Black, hurry up, I don't want you to miss today's speech," muttered Silas Flint before going back inside.

Once he was out of view, Ariel sighed. His smirk had disappeared after the disturbance.

"Hm, I should go," murmured Regulus almost inaudibly, probably feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah. Good luck, you'll do great," replied the older boy, coming closer again and placing a light kiss on Regulus' forehead, where his hair wasn't in the way and it made both smile.

"Sorry we lost," said Regulus when he met with Ariel later that day in the common room. The older boy turned away from the book he was quietly reading to look at Regulus who just sat beside him.

"Don't apologize."

"You lost money."

"That's true but I don't care that much. It was only 20 Galleons," he answered, shrugging. "You played well today," he added next as he continued reading.