chapter nine

Crickets chirping in the grass, a light breeze, hot rays of sun and soft kisses resumed Regulus and Ariel's afternoon. Fortunately, they were only lying next to each other and enjoying the sun when Narcissa and Lucius came in.

"What are you two doing? Idling around?" said the monotonous voice of Lucius.

The boys stood up right away, Ariel not showing any shame to being seen in his underwear.

"And you could dress up, Narcissa's here, " he hissed next.

"It's because it's Narcissa that we don't bother," only replied Ariel as he came to hug her, Regulus following suit and nodding at Lucius in greeting.

Of course they wouldn't bother with Narcissa. Maybe it could seem disrespectful or undistinguished, from Lucius' point of view for example, but Ariel just felt so comfortable with her.

"I'm glad you're enjoying your time together at least," told them Narcissa with a content smile.

"I hope my little brother hasn't been too bothering," added Lucius.

"No, not at all. He's less boring than some of my classmates, I assure you," replied Regulus.

When this small chat was done, with Ariel dragging Regulus out of the place, they started walking, hand in hand. Ariel was living surrounded by nature, surely many charms were preventing Muggles from approaching, and it felt very peaceful.

"And where are we going exactly?"

"Swimming. It's down the path there," answered the blond boy as he led Regulus on a grass path, entering a wood.

After some minutes they finally arrived at a river. The place was so calm, only surrounded by nature sounds and it felt very pleasant.

"I love coming here."

"I can see why."

"You can swim?" suddenly asked Ariel turning to Regulus.

"Yes."

"Just checking out since you're a city boy. I wouldn't want you to drown." He chuckled lightly before diving into the deep water.

"How is it?" curiously asked Regulus, eying suspiciously the water.

"Perfect," answered Ariel with a bright smile, brushing his white-blond hair out of his face.

The boy, deciding to trust him, dived into the water, and emerged with a cry.

"Bloody hell! It's awfully cold!"

Ariel laughed at him while Regulus sent him a death glare. "It's so funny."

"It's not," hissed the boy in a curt voice in return.

"Stop complaining. Just swim, it will feel better."

Ariel didn't wait for Regulus as he started swimming down the river. The other boy had no choice than to follow him and he got used to the fresh water which could only feel good in comparison to the hot weather.

They slowly and silently swam, enjoying the nature, adoring how good it felt. They had started swimming outside the wood, less trees and more glades were surrounding them. The countryside landscape was really calming.

The boys eventually stopped and let themselves float, sometimes unmoving, sometimes Ariel teasing Regulus, and actually getting a hearty laughter out of him which was such a beautiful sound to his ears.

"We're actually good here," said Regulus after a while.

The two were leaning on the edge of the river, side by side, their bodies still floating in the now more agreeable water.