chapter thirty-seven

The holidays came faster because Ariel kept his mind busy. It was already the day Regulus was coming back. He had planned to visit the boy during the evening. Just him, and not his researches. They knew they had to come to a stop as they had a hard time working separately anyway. And Regulus knew many more books where he could find an answer were at his house. These researches needed a break. Ariel and Regulus needed a break from work. They needed to find back each other.

It was almost night. It was dark and cold in the streets of London. Ariel had walked from his new mansion, situated in the close countryside, which happened to be on the outskirts of London, not far from where Regulus was living. Going out in the fresh air felt good. He was now living with Daisy Parkinson. It felt good to be away from her too, he thought. She wasn't a nuisance. In fact she had been very helpful. As they were sharing the same house and the same secrets, he found it hard hiding this one from her. She decided to help. Ariel accepted because he realized she was far from being the stupid girl he thought she was. Daisy was smart, way smarter than he thought. And her family had its own collection of dark magic books. She could be of great help and he knew it.

Ariel knocked on the door of 12 Grimmauld Place. It took a while but finally Kreacher opened the door. He was still meeting with him and now with Daisy everyday so the elf panicked when he saw him, thinking they would be remembering this awful moment once again.

"M-mister Ariel. Good night..." squeaked the elf.

"Good night. I'm here to see Regulus."

The elf seemed to sigh in relief before he opened the door for Ariel to enter. The boy wasted no time and aparated to the last floor. He walked in the corridor and turned to face Regulus' door. He knocked softly.

The boys met each other with surprised faces. Surprise for the sudden visit but also surprise by the changes in them.

After not seeing each other for four months, the changes in them felt suddenly so important. They spotted some details that seemed to strike them.

"You've changed," said Regulus in a quiet voice as his grey eyes glided down Ariel's face.

"You too," answered Ariel.

Ariel's features were manlier somehow, his jawline seemed sharper as well and his cheeks definitely hollower. While Regulus still appeared to be the teenager he was, it clearly looked like his features had matured. He grew up, but differently. Ariel still looked young as well but maybe there was something about the aura he gave off, Regulus couldn't be sure. He was now nineteen, after all while Regulus was still seventeen.

The blond boy didn't know who he was, who he was supposed to be but he knew that at the age of nineteen, people expected things from him. They expected him to be a man and to behave like one. And he was considered a man probably. But he didn't feel like one. His soul was still so full of youth and his traits as well. Thee more Regulus looked at him, the more he managed to recognize his angelic and full of innocence beauty. He recognized the boy he had fallen for behind the maturity. Maturity didn't really suit him, he thought. Having shared Ariel's life for two years, he knew this boy didn't want to grow up or at least not the way he was expected to. He believed that Ariel hadn't changed that much in the end, he probably tried to which gave him a different aura but deep inside he was still the same boy and Regulus knew it.

As for Regulus, he naturally grew up into the boy he was supposed to become, slowly but surely becoming more mature. In the end he had barely changed, just growing up as a boy, slowly becoming a young man. And Ariel liked that. He liked to see him evolve. And he only became more handsome. He didn't know if it was the changes in him or the separation, but Ariel felt a thousand times more attracted to Regulus in that moment.

He slowly entered the room and closed the door behind him. Regulus who had stayed unmoving in the meantime, now started walking towards him. They stared at each other, intense light blue meeting stormy grey. They seek for each other's comfort and love by doing that. But that moment only last for a short period of time. As soon as they were close enough, they started kissing.

Regulus' hands were placed on Ariel's cheeks to keep him close to him while Ariel's went to grab his waist. For a moment, the blond boy wondered if the other got taller. The thought made him smile against his lips. And suddenly the kiss tasted salty. His face became wet and warm with tears. Or maybe they were Regulus', or possibly both their tears. It didn't seem to bother neither of them as they kept on kissing each other passionately, awakening the fire in them. Any change they had noticed before seemed futile. In the end they were just the same persons who had fallen for each other.

Their tongues were dancing in synch, the way their bodies seemed to be dancing together as well. Ariel let himself sit on the bed behind him, bringing the younger boy to him. He felt the urge to touch him, to feel him. He just wanted more proximity, until their bodies blend into one another. The blond boy's wandering hands didn't miss their chance to slide under Regulus' shirt. The boy sighed sensing his still slightly cold hands from being outside but his touch was addictive no matter what.

He let his body melt into this touch he adored. He had been too caught up in kissing his beloved that he hadn't noticed so many of his clothes were now discarded on the floor. It was only after detaching their lips that he realized that.

Ariel was panting and distracted. His lust-filled eyes were not diverting from Regulus' features. The boy took this opportunity to make him get rid of his clothes too. Once they were both naked, they felt suddenly more at ease. They had nothing to hide anymore. They were with the person who knew them the best. There was no timidity, no modesty between them anymore. They were just two beings, showcasing their rawest self to the person they loved and trusted the most.

"It felt so long..." sighed Regulus against Ariel's lips.

The boy gazed at him, pure love making his irises so alive. He whispered back in an apologetic tone, "I know. I'm sorry. I can stop anytime."

"No. Don't," said firmly Regulus, seriousness shown through his eyes.

Ariel nodded, and to avoid seeing him grimace in pain, he let his face hide in the crook of his neck. It smelt and tasted so good. He loved kissing and biting his sweet flesh. He loved sucking on his sensitive skin and making him scratch his back lightly and moan his name delicately.

They knew so much about each other, if not everything. And Ariel knew every way to pleasure Regulus.

Two of their hands were intertwined with each other. Regulus' other hand was staying at the base of Ariel's hair, pulling at it with still his usual softness while Ariel's one was staying on the younger boy's hip, holding him, caressing him, with so much care in his gestures.

Not a word was said after that. They would communicate their love by actions, kisses, caresses, bites, smiles, gazes. They voiced out their pleasure as best as they could, moaning each other's name like a mantra, getting intoxicated by the way the other said it, like it was the most beautiful thing they had ever said, like they were feeling pure bliss.

They made love all night. They couldn't get tired of the pleasure, of the sensations they gave each other, of the way their bodies would mold into each other, becoming one. Bodies, hearts, souls were in harmony. They couldn't get tired of each other as a whole. Ariel repeated to Regulus so many times how much he loved him and how much he had missed him. And Regulus said it back. Every time. He needed it to say it as well.

And even when they would stop, trying to find back some calm, it felt like the euphoria wouldn't leave them. Their hearts were burning with passion in their chest even if they were unmoving. It was those feelings of desire and love that drove them back to each other every time.

author's note: intimacy chapters are always my favorite to read and write, this is just so beautiful and special and i hope i portray well how those moments are essential and meaningful and i hope you feel their love for each other and.... i hate to say this but there are only 5 chapters left and i don't want this to end...