10. Seven Deadly Sins : Pride

Its been twelve hours .

Twelve hours of caffeine induced , rigorous typing of keyboard. Carmon was of help , of course. The occasional checking up of Mr. Cushing and his unsolicited comments about how if she could hurry up and find Elizabeth. She was moments away from cracking the code , the noise of unnaturally fast typing resonates in the room while. She is working on decoding a string of messages accompanied with the phone calls made from the criminal (mafia) she currently resides with to the criminal who kidnapped Elizabeth.

And judging by the perpetual frown on her face , its no easy feat.

A frustrated sigh is audible in the room , so Carmon goes to investigate. They choose to stay in the same room since they only had twenty four hours to find her. While Carmon works in the living room , Victoria makes herself comfortable in the bedroom , he peeks into the room find her cross legged and hands knotted in her raven black hair.

"Everything Alright?"

She looks up startled , but give him a tiresome yet genuine smile.

"Sorry this is taking longer than anticipated....i will however get the co-ordinates in about- " she throws a quick glance on the leather belted wrist watch "around forty-five minutes"

He walks over to the bed , carrying a coffee mug. He himself looks tired , small rings of black have already made their mark Setting it down on the bedside table , where multiple ones lay empty. Silently he asks if she can scoot to give him space .

She moves.

"you could use a break , love"

She smiles at the pet name , and brings her attention back to the screen "every minute i slack , she could be getting hurt...."

He looks at her confused , "you are friends with her?"

She doesn't respond , instead continues her typing decoding the wavelengths that severe around her laptop screen. He understands her silence , and hands her the coffee mug.

"Well if your head feels anything like mine right now , you're going to need this"

She takes it , and mutters a 'thanks' smelling the ridge of the cup and her senses are high lightened s wave of familiarity rushes over her, her mother was a specialist when it came to spices..to the point where the only thing she would look forward to after her training with her father. A heartily meal ,

"the smells-"

"Amazing? You never know what little bit of cinnamon can do " He smiles.

Placing the laptop off of her thighs ,she turns to him. He feels like the gist of contentment in the bedlam that is her life. Kind brown eyes , indisputable smile with a genuine intention of providing her comfort in this unlikely situation , he reminds her of her mother. They were far from similar but the outlook of the dreary calm is the same.

"My mother used to do the same"

"She is an Intelligent women , then"

"...was"

His smile flattens and she proceeds to take a sip of the warm caffeinated drink.

"doesn't matter"

She looks up , surprised "I'm sorry?"

"memories keep people alive , not their physical form. Hence , Your mother is an intelligent women"

"you make a valid point, cliché , sure. Valid nonetheless"

He puffs up his chest in a mocking manner , " what can i say...i was in the school's debate team" and he winks

Amused , she asks "how many times did you win?"