44. Daddy , Daddy Cool

Victoria's eyes are pried open with due painc and light, , her vision is still blurred as she frantically surveys her surroundings. The room gradually takes shape, but it's not until she brings her hands up to rub her eyes that she realizes something is horribly wrong. A searing pain shoots through her wrists, and when she looks down, she sees her hands stained with blood. The first thing that comes into focus is the realization that she's bound.

She finds herself inside a metallic room reminiscent of a dungeon, but with a modern twist. The walls are cold and gleaming, constructed with an air of confinement and isolation. On one wall, a large high-definition screen displays live feeds from what appears to be Lucas's and Vincent's offices, captured by strategically positioned cameras that survey every corner of the cell.

Speakers are strategically placed throughout the room, emitting a low, continuous hum that adds to the atmosphere of surveillance and control, instilling a sense of dread.

The smooth, unforgiving metallic floor reflects the dim overhead lighting, serving as a constant reminder of her captivity.

Her memory of the events leading up to this moment is fragmented, but she vaguely recalls being at Vincent's residence for dinner. As she lifts her head, her gaze falls upon Lucas, Elizabeth, and Vincent, all tied to metal chairs, unconscious and with their heads slumped forward.

Victoria tugs at the ropes binding her wrists and lets out a desperate scream, "Lucas! Wake up!"

For a terrifying moment, she fears that she may have lost him. But after a few tense seconds, his azure eyes scrunch  open. "Lucas! Thank God ! " she sighs, relief flooding her voice.

He looks up, his eyes scanning Victoria first, checking for any injuries. After a long minute, he turns his attention to Elizabeth and Vincent, quickly assessing their state. Then, his gaze shifts to the surroundings, his mind racing to make sense of their predicament.

Victoria continues to struggle against her restraints, twisting and turning, but the pain only intensifies. Sternly , Lucas warns her, "Don't."

Confused, she looks up at him, her wild hair framing her face. "Huh?"

His eyes fixate on a camera in the corner of the room as he explains, "The ropes are laced with glass powder."

Dread washes over Victoria as the gravity of their situation sinks in. "Lucas, where are we?"

"If I knew, you'd be the first to know, Vic," he replies, frustration evident in his voice. His attention turns to Vincent, who is within arm's reach. Lucas lifts his feet, attempting to kick Vincent awake. After three attempts, Vincent's eyes finally opened, his reaction more fervent than the rest. He immediately calls out Elizabeth's name, but there's no response. Lucas rolls his eyes at his brother's desperate attempts. Elizabeth eventually comes back to her conscious state and Vincent sighs in relief

Suddenly, the speakers emit a high-frequency tune, causing the group to shrink in their seats , but Lucas remains unfazed, his eyes fixed on the camera. He doesn't like being kept in the dark.

Victoria and Elizabeth's curiosity piqued by Lucas's reaction.

"Hello, everyone," a distorted voice speaks through the speakers.

The group falls into silence, understanding the importance of caution in uncertain situations.

Lucas, however, tilts his head, choosing to respond on behalf of all of them. "Hello, there."

"You might be wondering why you're here," the voice continues.

Vincent interjects, his tone laced with defiance, "No"