Ch. 23 - The Right One

"JO, I THINK YOU ARE BEING A TAD BIT OVER DRAMATIC," I said on the phone as I button up my shirt

"Dramatic? Micheal, if Blake Lively and Ryan Ryan Reynolds broke up, you would be in your bed crying," she shot back, making me roll my eyes.

"Do not compare Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello to Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds."

"I'm not comparing them! I'm just upset right now because they are freaking soulmates, Micheal, and they broke up!"

"Well, things happen," I replied with a small sigh as one of the buttons would fit into the hole.

"Okay so when Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds break up, I do not want to hear a peep. Not. A. Single. Peep. Micheal," Jordan empathized like it was life or death.

"Lucky for you, that will never happen."

"Jordan! You're going to be late!" I heard her father's voice in the background.

"I'm almost done," she replied before saying,"Mic, I gotta go, but I'll call you after-school."

"Alright. Practice ends at six so I'm free afterwards. Love you, Jo."

"Love you, too," she said before the phone call ended.

I finished buttoning my shirt which took freaking forever. Then I put on the rest of my school uniform before leaving my room.

My uncle already left earlier this morning for some big meeting that starts in a few minutes. Max was sleeping on the floor next to his bowls which were both full.

I fixed my breakfast which was orange juice and two pieces of cheese toast. I ate my breakfast while scrolling through my socials.

After I finished, I put my plate in the sink before grabbing my things. I walked out of the apartment, trying to prepare myself for the first day back to school.

"I need to talk to you about you and Damien," was the first thing Matthew said to me when he saw me.

He was waiting for me in the elevator, and he didn't even say 'hello' or 'how was your Thanksgiving?'

"What about us?" I said, trying to keep my voice stable. What if he found out about us?

I don't know how he would have found out. Lucy wouldn't tell him, and I sure as crap didn't tell him. My anxiety crept up on my spine, and I played with my tie.

"You are the only one who can get through to Damien besides his sister," he replied as the elevator opened revealing the garage.

We climbed into the car, and Matthew continued,"Damien overreacts whenever Lucy tries to go out with guys."

There's a reason behind that. I thought to myself, but I nodded at what he is saying.

"I asked Lucy out over Thanksgiving break, and she rejected me because of him," Matthew said, bitterly.