Ch. 36 - Expose

THE ROOM LOOKED LIKE A REGULAR HOSPITAL ROOM

THE ROOM LOOKED LIKE A REGULAR HOSPITAL ROOM. There was a small tv hanging in the corner of the room with a small couch. There was two chairs either side of the bed, and there was a bathroom.

I finally looked at Micheal, and it took my breath away. His eyes were closed, but his chest was moving in and out. He had a bandage around his head, and he had a cast on his right arm.

He did have small cuts all over his arms and face just like Lisa said. The machine around him were beeping and showing his heart rate.

I sat down in one of the chairs on the left of him so I could hold his hand. I kissed the top of his hand, and I held it, tightly, afraid to let go.

"We are right here, Micheal. We aren't going anywhere," I said, making Lucy and Matthew nod in agreement.

I just hope he wakes up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's a few hours later, and Micheal was still asleep. Nurses and his doctor came in to check up on him, but things weren't looking great.

Nobody has said it out loud, but Micheal is getting worse if that's even possible. He isn't showing any progress towards waking up, and I don't know what to do.

All the doctor said was to talk to him and maybe that would motivate him to wake up. But medically, there is nothing they can do.

Matthew and Lucy went to grab some lunch a few minutes ago, and they invited me along, but I didn't want to leave Micheal.

But now that I'm alone with Micheal, everything felt overwhelming. It was too quiet, and I just wished he would wake up and talk to me.

"I don't know what to say," I said out loud. I tapped my foot on the ground, nervously. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth again.

"Micheal, I need you to wake up. I need you to open those damn brown eyes. I need you to wake up so we can be together. Isn't that what you want? For us to be together? Don't just leave me whenever we are so close to being together forever.

You are my everything.  Life means nothing to me if you aren't with me. So please, Micheal, wake up. Wake up for me please because if you leave me, I don't want to live. I don't want to live in an universe where you aren't in it."

Tears rolled down on my cheeks as I begged Micheal to stay with me. Micheal brought life back in me, and I can't loose him. Not yet.

I grabbed ahold of his hand for comfort, and he was unresponsive like usual. I kissed his hand, lightly, before looking up at him.