fifteen - the darkest hour

( episode five — the darkest hour )

SITTING IN COURTHOUSE WITH JOHN B IN HANDCUFFS WAS NOT HOW THE POGUES THOUGHT THERE FIRST FULL DAY HOME WOULD GO

SITTING IN COURTHOUSE WITH JOHN B IN HANDCUFFS WAS NOT HOW THE POGUES THOUGHT THERE FIRST FULL DAY HOME WOULD GO. They would've much preferred to freeze the frame on last night and live there for a few more days before having to face the reality life came with.

Rein didn't understand much of what was being said. A lot of big words she didn't know were said and she relied on Pope's reaction to react herself. It wasn't till the last string of words left the judges mouth did things click.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuit to the North Carolina statute section fourteen, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravation circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." The judge declared, striking her gavel.

Clamoring broke out between the observing audience in the court room upon the news, both good and bad reactions being given.

John B didn't react much, he only let the police officers lead him out of the court room with an unreadable look on his face. It wasn't everyday you got sentenced to the death penalty for a murder you didn't commit.

JJ quickly stood up from the stands, "Your honor, he's seventeen!"

"Stop." Kie quickly shut him down.