Chapter 32 - Being Pregnant

Chapter 32

"I never got the chance to congrats you," Olivia spoke softly, her gaze still stuck on the cup of coffee in front of her.

Who would have guessed that one day, they could actually sit down and converse civilly. Olivia was always known for screaming and yelling, throwing things and many more. Quinn had threatened her that if she tried anything, she will personally run her over with her car.

"Thank you," Anna smiled weakly while taking a sip of her warm chocolate.

Silence.

Anna did not think that it was not an awkward silence. Rather, it was more like she was waiting for an apology from her.

"I'm sorry," Olivia eventually said after a full two minutes of silence. "I know I should have apologised earlier. For all the horrible and immature things I've done to you. And Colton. I just wasn't sure if you would wanna see me again,"

"Although I can never put myself in your shoes and understand you, I forgive you," Anna said and then added, "we all make mistakes."

"Thank you,"

Anna was actually a little shocked when Olivia apologised. She understood that no one is immune to making mistakes — we are human after all. Everyone will grow up one day and learn from mistakes. She just did not see Olivia as someone who would admit to her mistakes.

******

"Quinn told me you met Olivia at the shopping mall," Colton said, setting his arms behind Anna's back to support her while she took her time to sit on the couch comfortably.

"Yeah we talked for a while,"

"Why didn't you call me?" Colton asked worriedly.

"It's fine. We just had a little talk. Nothing you need to worry about,"

"I'm tired. I wanna take a short nap," Anna said softly and Colton carried her to their bedroom.

"Rest beautiful. I'll make us some dinner." Colton caressed her cheek and gave her a soft peck on her forehead.

Being 8 months pregnant was difficult for her. But she was blessed to have this man with her every step of the way. He had helped her tie her shoelace whenever they leave the house, carried her to their bedroom every night because she was lazy and felt heavy to walk up the stairs, helped her get out of bed every morning, dealt with her maddening mood swings like a champ. He would apologise every time she cried, even though sometimes he never knew why. She had felt so darn lucky.

Anna woke up feeling disoriented, and a glance at the clock revealed she had slept for an hour. Colton must be downstairs still making them dinner, she thought as she swung her legs off the bed and heaved herself to her feet.

The pain that gripped her stomach sent her thoughts scattering, and she put her hand on the bedside cabinet to steady herself when another agonising spasm ripped through her. The niggling ache in her lower back that had begun last night was now a savage pain that was becoming increasingly unbearable and it made her gasp for breath.

Her labour could not have started, she tried to reassure herself. It was too early. The spasms must be more of the Braxton Hicks contractions that she had experienced a few times before. Only the contractions were stronger—a lot stronger.

She gave a little whimper as she felt another spasm, and at the same time she felt a sensation of wet warmth between her legs. Instinct took over from panic and she cried out for Colton.

Colton hurried into the bedroom and saw her standing by the cabinet, tears streamed down her face. Everything was happening too fast. Colton had carried Anna to the car and called their ob-gyn telling her they were on the way.

"I'm having another contraction!" Anna groaned as she tried to find a comfortable position to ease the pain during the car ride.

He took hold of her hand and pressed his lips to her fingers while keeping his eyes on the road. "We're almost there baby. I'm right here with you."

The pain did not abate but Anna's fear lessened. He felt the knife blade in his heart twisted deeper when she gave a loud moan as she felt another contraction coming.

For a few seconds Colton felt utterly helpless. He would willingly have given everything he owned to swap places with Anna and bear the rigours of childbirth for her.

Ten hours later

"Congratulations—you have a little girl," the doctor announced as she lifted up the infant.

Even then, Colton's gaze remained focused on Anna, and he watched the weariness disappear from her face to be replaced with a look of utter joy when the baby gave a shrill cry.

Trembling from exhaustion and emotion, Anna held out her arms and the nurse placed the little bundle wrapped in a white shawl to her breast. A tiny face peeped out from beneath a mass of fair hair.

Anna gasped as she looked at their daughter. "Look Colton. She's so beautiful." Anna had instantly forgotten the pain of her labour as she fell irrevocably in love with the angel.

Colton looked then, and his heart turned over. He swallowed convulsively and through a mist of tears he studied their daughter, entranced by the infant.

"She's perfect," Anna whispered and cooed.

"Yes," Colton agreed gruffly, but his gaze was on Anna. "Absolutely perfect."

"You're amazing," He placed a soft kiss on her lips and she smiled.

Author's Note-
This book is coming to an end soon! Next chapter will be Epilogue! I hope you guys have enjoyed this story as much as I'm writing it!

Also, I have updated a new book— WHERE WE MET on my profile. WHERE WE MET was inspired entirely by my own life in the dating world. Do head to my profile and check it out! It is a much slow-paced and slightly more realistic story compared to Mr.Ruthless Mafia and His Obsession!