Chapter 21 - Kiss Me

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED.

CHAPTER 21

               I turned around and Colton was standing there. Although he was wearing a black masquerade mask, I could still recognise him because of his piercing blue eyes and his husky voice. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a black bow tie (picture above). He was such a beautiful man and I can't believe I broke his heart. I can't believe I had the heart to do it. God I miss him so much. If only I wasn't that stubborn and scared back then, maybe things would be different now. Colton stared at me curiously, waiting for my respond but I was afraid he might recognise my voice if I say something now. He doesn't look like he recognises me because if he does, he would walk away instantly. Not standing here, waiting for me to speak. I quickly shook my head and smiled shyly.

" Great. " He grinned and continued staring me.

" Ahh! Finally got to have some fresh air. It's suffocating inside. I hate this kind of party, it's so burdensome. " He stretched his arms and said nonchalantly after realising that I wasn't talking at all. I just nodded, showing him I agreed with him and smiled weakly at him.

              As he wanted to speak again, I could hear Ed Sheeran's song Kiss Me came on in the ballroom. It was so loud that we could even hear it at the garden. Colton slowly approached me and lifted his hand.

" May I have this dance? " He smiled handsomely and I can't help it. I nodded and gave him my hand as he gently pulled me near him and placed his right hand on my waist and held my hand with his left. I thought I would die. Our feet slow danced to every lyric of the song. My heart began to calm down from my anxiety. I felt as if I was in the safest place in the world, the arms of the man I loved.

" And your heart's against my chest, lips pressed to my neck. I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet. And with this feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now... Kiss me like you wanna be loved... " I stared deeply in his eyes as he looked into mine.

               Colton, it's me. Anna. I know you must really hate me now, but you don't know how sorry I was. I love you so much but I had to let you go; and if I could turn back time and change things, I wouldn't change anything. Because I know you are happy now and that's all that matters to me – your happiness. I slowly laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Thank you so much, God – for giving me this chance to be with him again; even if he doesn't recognise me; even if it is just spending time with him for a few minutes. The song came to an end and I'm back to reality again. The song ended but his hands still didn't let me go, it was as if he doesn't want to let go. I slowly backed away and he must have realised I became a little uncomfortable, thus removing his hands. I bowed down as a way of saying thank you.

" You're welcome. " He smiled.

                  Suddenly, a butler approached us and came up to me and whispered in my ear, " Mr. Augustus is looking for you. " I nodded. I smiled apologetically at Colton and turned to follow the butler back into the ballroom.

" Miss! May I at least know your name? " Colton ran up to me and seized my wrist. I stood quietly, not wanting to speak until he released my hand reluctantly. I smiled weakly and walked away.

" Can you pass this note to the man outside please? " I passed the butler a small piece of paper and smiled nervously.

Colton's POV

" Sir, this is for you. " The butler, who took that beautiful lady away from me passed me a piece of paper. I took it from him and opened it – 'I'm Hannah.'