Chapter 11 - Britney

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED.

Chapter 11

“ So, what happened last night? “ Leaning against her own locker, Quinn slurped her drink and smirked at me.

“ Don’t look at me like that. You left me all alone in the house. I had to watch How I Met Your Mother alone to sleep. “ I complained and took my literature book out from the locker.

“ What?! You didn’t go to his… “ Quinn yelled and I had to cover her mouth to shut her up.

“ Shush! “ I turned around and smiled at all the students who turned around to see where the commotion came from.

“ You didn’t go to his house and stay the night there? “ Quinn shoved my hand away and whisper-yelled at me.

“ Are you crazy? What if we get caught! “ I hit her arm gently.

“ Oh relax. You won’t. But seriously, How I Met Your Mother? “ She rolled her eyes at me. “ That’s your third time. “ She threw her drinks in the bin as we entered the classroom.

“ Bite me. “ I retorted and sat down. Seth and Jaxon came in the class and sat behind of us.

“ Hey babe. “ Seth kissed Quinn on the lips right before Colton entered the class.

“ So Anna, how was your date last night? “ Seth smirked at me and my jaw was literally hanging open.

“ A date? With who? “ Jaxon raised his eyebrows in disagreement and asked.

“ It wasn’t a date. Just meeting up with an old friend of mine. “ I explained and turned to look at Quinn who was sitting beside me and gave her a what-the-hell look.

“ What? “ Quinn asked, showing her innocent puppy face.

“ Which part of keeping-it-a-secret-for-me do you not understand? “ I asked her with frustration. Urghh this girl. She was supposed to keep it a secret for me.

“ Relax. They don’t know who you went out with. “ She said with excitement.

“ Great. All thanks to you because now, the whole group is going to bug me till I die. “ I shot her a death glare.

“ Annabeth. “ Colton called out when I was about to step out the classroom with Quinn, Seth and Jaxon.

“ I have read your work but I left it in my office and I have a few comments I have to make. So please come to my office during your lunch break. “ Colton smiled and I just nodded my head and exited the classroom.

“ Why is Mr. Zac so fond of you? “ Jaxon asked curiously when we were walking to our respective classes.

“ That’s because our dear friend is a straight A’s student. “ Quinn put her arms on my shoulder. I just smiled weakly and went to my math class.

Britney sat beside me in math classs and smiled brightly at me while we were waiting for our teacher.

“ What? “ I asked and gave her a bored face.

“ I’m just surprised. “ She responded bluntly and kind of shrugged.

“ About what? “ I shot her a death glare now.

“ Surprised to know that you’re actually so different. “ She shook her head and looked at me closely.

“ Stop beating around the bush and get to the damn point. “ I retorted bluntly.

“ Well, I didn’t know you were that kind of student who dates teacher. “ She laughed out loud after saying that. My eyes immediately widen. How did she know that? No, I can’t let her use that against me. Who the hell told her that. Quinn is definitely not the one. She hated Britney like nobody’s business because Britney almost ruined her relationship once with Seth.

I immediately gathered myself and looked at her with amusement before I laughed out loud together with her.

“ What are you talking about? Dating a teacher? “ I chuckled. “ I’m sorry Britney, but did you get your brain checked today because if you haven’t, I’d suggest you do that. “ I smiled.

“ Why? “ She raised her eyebrows and frowned. Seriously, how stupid can she get?

“ Because your brain is full of shits, duh! “ I said out loud and laughed. The students who heard it tried to hold back their laughter.

“ Oh so you think this is funny right now? Let’s see whether you will still laugh when everyone knows the truth. “ I stopped laughing and that made her smirk.

“ And what is the truth? “ I asked innocently.

“ You will know. Everyone will know. “ She glared at me and I tried to give her my best smile when she walked away from me. I sighed in relief. Where did she get that information from? How does she know that? If the whole school knows about it, it’s not only me. Colton will definitely be in big trouble too. Not only will he lose his internship rights, he will also be charged. I can’t have that. That can never happen. His future will go down the drain.

“ Anna! You’ve been spacing out a lot since math class. What happened? And for God’s sake, please stop playing with your food. “ Quinn scolded like a mother.

“ Yes, mum. “ I slowly shove my spaghetti in my mouth and chewed it.

“ Good. Now tell me what the hell happened? “ She asked.

“ Where’s the others? “ I looked around and the table was empty.

“ The guys went for their football meeting and the girls are probably not joining us today. Serve them right since they didn’t do their homework. “ Quinn giggled and I just nodded quietly. “ So, are you telling me or not? “

“ It’s Britney. “ I said and leaned into her ear and whispered, “ She knows about me and Colton. “

“ What? “ Quinn gasped. “ How the hell did that bitch find out? “ She asked furiously.

“ I’d love to know that too actually. “

“ Things are gonna be difficult for you and Colton if that bitch knows it. “ She said, with a concerned look on her face.

“ Well, she already knew it. “ I sighed and felt the vibration in my pocket. I took out my cellphone and read the message.

‘ Where are you? You were supposed to be in my office. ‘

How did he know my number?

“ What are you going to do with this? “ Quinn said, pointing at my phone.

“ I don’t know. I don’t think it is right to go to his office and meet him alone. It’s too risky. Now that Britney knows it, she will find any evidence to expose our relationship. “ I explained.

“ You’re right. “

In the end, I never showed up in his office nor reply his message. I did not know what to reply. I can’t tell him about Britney because this will only cause him to act recklessly and I don’t want that. I know this man will do whatever it takes to be with me, but I don’t want him to worry about it. Who knows, Britney might be joking. Maybe she doesn’t even know the truth at all.

I was walking with Quinn in the corridor after class and something caught my attention.

“ Wow, did you see Mr. Zac’s girlfriend just now? She’s so beautiful. “ A girl said with excitement to her other girlfriends.

“ Really? Where? “ The other girls started squealing and that girl beckoned them to follow her.

I turned to look at Quinn with horror. She grabbed my hand and both of us ended up following the girl as well. We reached the entrance and all of us turned to look at the woman leaning against her white Porsche. I rubbed my eyes and tried to get a clearer vision of the woman.

“ Olivia. “ I gasped and covered my mouth. What is she doing here?

 A/N : Enjoy! And please vote and comment! I would really appreciate it! <3<3

Much love always,

Anne