Chapter Seventeen- Contradicting

She paused from him.

        "It's just the lust talking..." She said, going to kiss him once more.

        "No. I want to be with you. Anything I do in my life...I want it to be with you..."

        He stopped kissing her, and went on his knee before her. "I was going to ask this on our last day here...but since there is all this going on and I'm not sure if we will even go home..." He pulled something dark from his pocket. "I have had this for four months."

        "Four months?!" She yelled-her voice echoing.

        "I was waiting for the perfect moment. I had everything planned...on a cruise on the sunset...but I realized I can not live another day without knowing you will be mine..."

        "I am yours..."

        "So what is your answer?" He asked as he looked at her with hope and love.

        She took a deep breath and tried to hesitate with her tears but found it to be hopeless.

        He moved back up to his feet and placed his hands on her shoulders. She tore from him.

        "Please, love, this anticipation is killing me."

        Wiping tears from her eyes, she distanced herself from him. "You are just asking this because of the circumstances. You don't want to marry me..."

        "Yes, I do. I want to be with you day after day until I run out of them. I want you to come to me with any and all problems you face. There is not a second that goes by that I do not want to be yours and you mine. I never want to be away from you..."

        "What do we really know about each other?"

        "I know everything I need to. Whatever I don't I can learn. Love, please...if it's no...just say it..."

        She crumbled to the floor and cried in her hands. "I don't..."

        He sat beside her.

        "What is it?"

        "I can't..."