Chapter 12

Rachael's PoV
I was sat in the in the school nurse room. "Is she gonna be ok" Mike said in a slight panic. I think I might of given him a small fright with my panic attack. I insisted I was ok and didn't need to see the nurse but he wasn't taking no for and answer. "She's going to be fine Mr Newton" the elderly woman said. "Are you sure it looked like she was having a heart attack" he said with a worried face. "Dramatic as always Mike. But I'm fine now." I finished. Mike just rolled his eyes and let out a light laugh. "What I want to know is what caused this anxiety attack" the nurse said looking at me. I didn't know how to respond so I just shrugged my shoulders. "Well I have called you father to come and pick you up" she said. "You didn't need to do that I'm fine" I said. I didn't want my father to know any of this because I know he wouldn't take a simple shrug as an answer. "I'm sorry Miss Merrywick but it's my job to inform you father about these things. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and fill in a form about your episode. Mike can wait here with you until your father come but then he has to go straight to class" she said in a firm tone and left the room.
"I was really worried about you" Mike said with a smile. "I promise I'm fine." I said. "No your not. what is going on with you and one of those freaks" he said sitting on the bed next to me. "Nothing" I started. "No it's not nothing I saw how you reacted you was terrified. If he's hurt you-"
"Mike. Jasper didn't do anything. I was already in that state before I bumped into him" I lied cutting him off. "Are you sure" he said looking in my eyes try to get a honest answer. I nodded. "Good"he said hugging me.
"Am I interrupting something" I heard my dad's voice says from behind Mike. "No" I said breaking the hug with Mike. "No sir" Mike said. "Well thank you for comforting my daughter but I'm here to take her how now" my dad said in a serous tone. "Of corse. I'll see you tomorrow Rach" Mike said before leaving.

My father was silent until we got home. "Are you going to tell me what's going on with you" he said. I didn't know what to tell him. Do I tell him the truth a risk his life or do I lie and keep shutting him out. Not that it would matter if I did shut him out. if anything I think he secretly would prefer that. "I don't know what to say I guess school just got a little to intense" I said try to walk past him but he stood in the way. "Are you forgetting your my daughter so I know when you lying" he said. I couldn't think of anything to say. "Are you sure I'm your daughter because lately you have been acting like I'm a burden" I blurted out.
"That's not true and you know it"
"Are you sure because you have been doing nothing but avoiding me to go and work at the stupid bar" I yelled. "That's my job it's how I provide. Plus I need a outlet to. do you know how hard it is to be your father" he yelled out. I could see the shift in his face regretting what he had said. But it was to late the world had already been said. "I see" I said quietly. "That's not what I meant"
"Isn't it" I choked out holding back my tears. "I'm trying I really am. I love you more then anything Rachael. the trans thing was hard but I stood by you
.and now your a witch and I know how dangerous this path is.I don't want it to take you but I also don't want you to ignore who you are" he said almost crying himself before continuing. "I'm not perfect but I'm trying I just need time to adjust"
I could understand where he's coming from but he has no idea how hard this has been going threw this alone. "I get that magic is terrifying that's no need to ignore me. So you have lost every right to worry about me" I said walk past him and running to my room and looking the room.

Hours had past it had started to turn dark. I had stayed in my room to calm myself down. "Rachael" I heard my father from the other side of the door. "What" I croaked out my throat was still sore from crying. "I'm off to work. I had left some money to order in" he said softly. "Fine" I said "do you not want to talk before I leave or something" he asked
"Have fun at work" I said bitterly
I could here his footsteps leave. I then stained out the window and watch him drive away. I noticed Bella's truck in her driveway. Being wrapped up in my own stupid drama I completely forgot about Bella. I grabbed my keys and left to go next door.