EPILOGUE

When Aiden had said it was going to be a big fucking event, I hadn't given a moment's thought to how big it was going to be

When Aiden had said it was going to be a big fucking event, I hadn't given a moment's thought to how big it was going to be. Every employee that had access to Steele Park had been invited to this event, and according to my calculations, it was a little over thousand people. The Steele's had their own way of winding down after a hectic summer, considering most employees had children and had been managing the past few months with a lot of difficulties. The company had rented a huge mansion with huge-er grounds and a pool for the occasion, even being generous enough to have a full fucking open bar for all the employees and their +1s. I had only been working in the headquarters a few months ago, and there were twenty such other buildings in all of Steele Park. That was a lot of fucking people.

For the occasion, Jason had insisted I be his date, infuriating Aiden who had assumed I would be going as his date. But I deserved to look sexy in a red car, always, so I reached a compromise with the men to reach the event with Jason and go home with Aiden. I would always go home with my man. Aiden was even considering buying the same car so I would drop the plan with Jason, but I had set my foot down and made my stand clear. Jason could pick me from Jeff's salon, and then Aiden could bring my wasted and drunk ass home. It was the perfect plan.

To soothe some of Aiden's anxieties and jealousy, I had offered to coordinate outfits with him, trying to find colour schemes that would be peculiarly ours and no one else. I employed Monica's help in finding what colours were popular sentiments around the place, concluding that no one had so far decided on a black and white combination. It was easy for Aiden to find the look in his wardrobe, and I had picked out a dress from Penny's latest collection that she offered to be made in my size perfectly as a note of gratitude for helping Aiden through some tough times. She hadn't completely warmed up to me yet, but we were getting there. After Jeff was done working his magic on me, I styled myself in front of the mirror, hoping to find a picture good enough to send to the fashion queen.

Aiden got the first snap, as always, and then some fiftieth or sixtieth one went to Penny. Now, I could step outside and finally greet Jason, bless his patience. As suspected, he looked devilishly handsome in his yellow breezy shirt and white pants, the shades resting on the bridge of his nose carelessly only adding to his boyish charm. Someone really needed to snatch this man, and soon too.

"You're so fucking late, Thea." He'd picked up my tongue with ease, and now we cussed across the office like sailors, involving small cushions and paper balls in our arguments. It was infuriating in the best way.

"It takes effort to look this fucking gorgeous." I shot back, kissing him on the cheek before taking a seat in his car. After making sure I was settled, he shut the door for me like a gentleman, we drove off to the gorgeous location. Very true to his nature, Aiden had seen the picture and sent me a red heart emoji, followed by a short text.

I laughed, video calling Aiden. He answered on the second ring, his eyes focused in the far distance away from me. When he looked at his screen, he looked absolutely stunned, even though he'd seen me in a picture seconds ago. I loved how he never failed to make me feel beautiful. Like he genuinely felt like he'd never see someone as pretty as me. And hell, if that wasn't sexy as fuck.