𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄|| 𝖴𝖲𝖠 𝖣𝖴𝖢𝖪𝖲 𝖥𝖫𝖸 𝖳𝖮𝖦𝖤𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱

We were all in the locker room and I was talking to Connie. This was right after the incident of Dwayne roping Sanderson. I have to admit. It was funny and really fun out there.

"Did y'all enjoy that?" Coach asked as he walked in with Miss Mckay. "Yeah!" We all replied.

"Okay, well so did they. Because they're still three points up and we're one period away from defeat." I glanced at everyone who began to sit down. There wasn't anywhere else to sit so I stood. Adam reached out his hand to me and I took it. He scooted a little to the side and I was able to sit down, just slightly. "Well if we can't beat him we might as well keep our pride." Jesse commented and we all agreed with him.

Coach shook his head, "Jesse that's not pride. Sure when Dwayne roped that big oaf part of me cheered, but guys I've been there I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the minors and I really, really wanted to go after Stanson for that cheap shot. But you know what? My knee will heal and if I become someone I'm not— if I sink to their level well then I've lost more than my knee."

Coach walked around as he gave the speech, looking at all of us directly in the eye.

"You understand?"

"Yeah," Everyone of us muttered in reply.

Coach walked back to his spot and looked at all of us and said, "We're not goons, we're not bullies. No matter what people say or do we have to be ourselves. You—" Coach pointed at Dean. "Who are you?" He asked. "Dean Portman," Dean replied in a soft voice. "From where?"

"Chicago Illinois,"

"You?"

"Guy Germaine," Guy replied. "From where?"

"Saint Paul Minnesota,"

Coach then pointed at Jesse. "You?"

"Jesse Hall from Minneapolis Minnesota,"

"Who are you?" He asked Julie. "Julie Gaffney from Bangor Maine," Julie replied with a smile.

Coach pointed at Luis and Luis stood up.

"Luis Mendoza, Miami Florida,"

"Greg Goldberg, Philadelphia Pennsylvania!"

"Les Averman, Brooklyn Park Minnesota!"

"Fulton Reed, Stillwater Minnesota!"

"Russ Tyler, South Central Los Angeles!"

"Charlie Conway, Minneapolis Minnesota,"

"Ken Wu, San Francisco California!"

"Connie Moreau, Minneapolis Minnesota,"

"Adam Banks, Edina Minnesota!"

"Y/n Portman, Chicago Illinois!"

"Dwayne Robertson, Austin Texas!"

"Michelle Mckay, Duluth Minnesota!"

"And I'm Gordon Bombay, Minneapolis Minnesota,"

"Yeah! Whooo!"

Everyone clapped and cheered before I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. I look up and see Adam who's smiling down at me.

"We're team USA gathered from all across America and we're gonna stick together, you know why?" Coach said.

"Because we are Ducks and Ducks fly together," Jan said walking in the room. "That's right, Jan!"

"Just when you think they're about to break apart?"

"Ducks fly together!" We all chanted.

"When the wind blows hard and the sky is black?" Miss Mckay asked.