𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍|| 𝖠 𝖡𝖠𝖣 𝖣𝖨𝖭𝖭𝖤𝖱

On Monday at lunch I was sitting at the corner of the table with my team until the varsity walk over to us with grins and smirks on their faces.

Dear God help us.

"Hey congrats the blake game," Rick said as he leaned his hand on my chair. "Yeah right," I scoffed and took a bite of my food. "We tied." Charlie said and put his cup down.

"Hey a point's a point. We're all Warriors now you guys proved your guts! You all set for dinner Friday?" Rick said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Dinner?" Russ asked suspiciously. "It's an Eden Hall tradition, varsity got to treat the freshman to dinner. So round up your posse and meet us at six at the Minnesota Club downtown. Anybody need a ride we can take you...I mean you guys do like steak and seafood right?" Rick told us.

"I do. It's amazing," I told Rick. "Yeah we do," Charlie said.

"Look I don't like you pukes all right...but this is a tradition and Eden Hall learned to care about tradition." The blond guy next to Adam told us before walking away with his team.

"It's cool!" Adam reassured us.

I shrugged not thinking anything bad about it. They didn't seem really suspicious about the dinner or anything so I guess everything's gonna be fine on Friday.

꧁꧂

Friday rolled around quicker than ever and the whole hockey team was sitting down at the minnesota club. I was wearing a red dress that reached my knees and black flats while my hair was straighten, and left down.

I was sitting next to Adam as we ate our food together getting along with one another.

"I never thought the varsity would be this to get dinner for us," I told my lover and he chuckled.

"I never thought either. I'm just glad we're finally getting along," Adam told me and took a bite out of his steak while I drank my water. "This is honestly really amazing," I commented as I looked at Rick. "Well you're welcome." He said with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"How's your shoulder?" Adam asked me and gently touched my shoulder. "It's all right...it got a bit bruised after the game but it's fine now." I said and smiled softly. "Right...uhm have you seen my jacket by any chance?" He then asked.

I frozen and blinked a few times.

"Uh— yeah...I may have kept it with me while we were freezing the locker room," I said and smiled innocently. "Oh really? When can I have it back?" "Never! It's mine now!"

Adam laughed just a bit and I rested my head on his shoulder with a smile on my face.

"I'll see when I can return it," I said, kissing his cheek. The boy smiled and continued to eat his food while I took another sip of my water.

After a few minutes had passed— or I think maybe it was an hour— Rick used his fork to hit his glass and catch our attention.

We looked at him and he raised his glass.

"On behalf of the Eden Hall Warrior varsity state champion hockey team...I'd like to welcome the future state champs. The Eden Hall freshman. Here, Here." Rick said and I raised my glass with a smile, and gently hit my glass against Adam's and Scooters before drinking my water.

"We're just glad you loaned us banksie so that we'd have a chance to beat you guys in the annual freshman varsity showdown."

I huffed.

"Now, nobody move we've got one last surprise. Fellas,"

The varsity team stood up but Adam stayed sitting down confused on what was going on, clinging onto my hand.