𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍|| 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖬𝖯𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲

We were now all back home in Minnesota gathered around a fire. Dwayne was playing his guitar and I was sitting in between Adam's legs, eating a s'more. I saw Goldberg's marshmallow was on fire and laughed.

Charlie stopped the fire with water.

"What are you trying to do you're not supposed to light it on fire?!"

Everyone laughed making me laugh harder and almost choke on my s'more. Adam patted my back making sure I won't die on him.

"I've paid my dues," Averman sang softly. "Time after time...I've done my sentence but committed no crimes!" He continued.

"And bad mistakes," Everyone joined in. "I've made a few. I've had my share of sand kicked in my face but I've come through!"

"On and on and on and on!"

"We are the champions my friends! And we'll keep on fighting, till the end! We are the champions, we are the champions— no time for losers cause we are the champions of the world!"

"We are the champions!"

We all continued singing and Averman stuck his hand out. I laughed then grabbed it, dancing with him as we sang.

"My friends. and we'll keep on fighting till the end!" I sang with the rest. "We are the champions, we are the champions no time for losers, cause we are the champions of the world!"

I was twirled around and got plopped down onto the ground. "Hell yeah! We did that!"

We all clapped and cheered for ourselves. I smiled, hugging myself feeling cold even though there was a fire right in front of us.

I then felt my body get pulled back and my back was pressed up against a chest. Adam wrapped his arms around my waist and rested my head on his shoulder. I smiled and enjoyed the moment.

"Aweeee you guys are so cute!" Connie cooes and I blush deep red. "I'm still so happy you guys got together," Julie commented, smiling hard.

"Adam wouldn't shut the hell up about you. It's about time." Jesse said and flicked Adam's head.

"Okay, ow and you didn't have to say that here!" Adam said causing me to let out a chuckle.

"I was the same with Julie and Connie so we're even, blondie." I said with a smile.

꧁꧂

It's been a week since I left Minnesota and got back home to Chicago. I had many pictures of me and the team around my room hung by my fairy lights. There was this even one polaroid picture of me and Adam.

We were faced back, our jersey numbers showing as our thumbs were pointed at the number. My fingers brushed against the photo lightly as I looked over at another one. Connie took the picture at the bonfire. I didn't even know she did cause I had fallen asleep.

It was a picture of Adam pressing a kiss to my cheek and my head rested on his chest. Tears filled my eyes as I moved away from my wall where the pictures were hung up.

I sniffled then heard my door open to see Dean walking in with a box in his hand. He saw my tears then immediately put the box down, hugging me tightly. I let out a sob as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

The thing I hated the most was getting attached emotionally. Dean stroked my hair not saying a word as I tried to calm myself down.

"We'll see them again soon, (n/n)." Dean whispered softly.

I had all of their numbers but calling them won't feel the same— nor face-timing. Dean slowly let go of me and placed his hands on my shoulders, shaking me slightly so I can look at him.