2.

I giggle as Dylan's car drives up into the parking lot

He slams his door closed and runs to me. "You fricking traitor!" he yells. I laugh. He pushes me, but he's so weak I just stumble a bit. I hug him, and he sighs, hugging me back.

Suddenly, I realize he's sobbing. I pull back, frowning. "Dyl, what's wrong? Is it because of last Friday? Oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

He shakes his head and wipes his tears away. "N-no, that's not it. I just... I'm scared it's all a joke, you know? I like him a lot, and to think it's all some prank makes me so scared," he sobs.

"Good thing it isn't, then," I hear Dallas say from behind us. Dylan looks up at my face, eyes wide. His hands start to shake, I can see it as he wipes his tears away. He turns around and faces Dallas, but looks at the floor.

Come on, Dyl, cut some slack!

"H-hi," he stutters, still not looking at Dallas. But Dallas grins and walks closer, now just two feet from each other. "Come on, love, let me see that pretty face of yours."

Dallas grabs Dylan's chin softly, and forces him to look up. He frowns as he sees Dylan's tears. "Now, why are you ruining that pretty face with tears?"

Dylan sobs something, making Dallas' smile fade. But then they hug, and I smile. They're cute together. 

They pull away, and now Dylan has this big smile on his face. He reaches for Dallas' hand and they walk in front of me in the school. 

A lot of students gasp and point at their hands, but Dallas doesn't seem to care. Weird, normally he's always about his ego, but now he doesn't care about it. So he really likes Dylan?

Dylan blushes the whole way, but he also smiles. And I? I watch them. Dylan seems happy, and he deserves it. He's always so insecure and wants to do good for everyone, and sometimes he forgets himself.

I open my locker, which is next to Dylan's, and hear them giggling. "You know, I've been liking you since last year," Dallas says, and Dylan's jaw drops. "Really?"

Dallas chuckles nervously. "You need to start taking hints, love." Dylan blushes. "I... Sorry." He looks down. I roll my eyes. He's so soft...

It was cute until a certain point...

My attention is drawn to the popular boys walking down the hallway. I feel the heat of my blood rush to my face as I realize they're coming towards us. Of course, Dallas is one of them...

So is my brother, so I have to stop acting so weird. I was perfectly fine Friday with the guys, why not now?

I turn to my locker and rumble in it, feeling their presence behind me. I gulp. Don't look at them, don't look at them...

"Hey guys! Finally made it to Dylan, I see?" one of them jokes. They all chuckle. "He's been talking about you all year, man. 'Oh, did you see Dylan's new shirt?' or 'Oh my God, Dylan is so cute when he runs to catch Scarlett!'"

I giggle, then quickly shut up again. I hear them move and feel my face heat up. "Hello Scarlett, how are you today?" one asks. God, why don't I know their names?

I turn around, blushing and looking down. Oh no, they're all looking at me...

"I-I'm good," I stutter. I lock eyes with Dylan, who's smirking at me. I narrow my eyes at him. He gives me a smug grin, knowing I always tell him not to stutter, and now I do it myself.

The leader —I think his name is Jason— leans down to look in my eyes. "I guess you just lost your bestie, babe." I gulp. "N-no. That's not true," I tell him.

He cocks an eyebrow. "No? Well, he's coming with us, and you're not." I frown. Why not?

"And why's that?" I challenge. That stupid blush is long gone now he hit my temper. Both Dallas and Dylan are frowning. "Turn around," he says with a sweet voice.

I do, and suddenly, I'm facing my worst nightmare. Mike. Oh God. Of course! He's part of the popular boys. How did I forget this?

With big eyes, I take a step back, but now I'm crushed against my locker. Mike smirks. "Hi, babe. Missed me?"  I shake my head, looking down. The first few months, yeah... but not after two years.

"Would you shut your mouth?" With my jaw dropped, I look at Dylan. He seems furious and points to Mike. He takes a step forward and lets go of Dallas, who's too busy watching him to notice.

Dylan narrows his eyes at Mike. "You're a piece of shit, Mike. You treat her like trash, and after two years, you expect her to run in your arms like nothing happened? Like you didn't break her heart? And don't tell me she 'deserved' this, or was 'asking' for it. And she did not know where she was getting herself into. So now you're teasing her?"

Mike gulps and takes a step back, but Dylan follows him and steps forward. "You're gonna leave her alone. I mean it, Mike," he growls. Mike cocks an eyebrow. "Or what? Or you're gonna punch me? You can't even reach my face even if you jump, gnome."

Dylan clenches his fists, but I know he won't fight. He's not a violent person. "I will gladly take over his punches," Dallas says calmly, and puts a hand on Dylan's shoulder. Mike pales. "C'mon man, you know it was a joke—"

"Was it?" Dallas cocks an eyebrow. "I'm not sure about that." Mike shrugs. The other boys snicker and walk away. Mike runs to the other direction. I give Dallas and Dylan a small smile. "Thanks guys. You didn't have to do that."

Dallas shrugs. "Mike is a loser."

I giggle. "So, uh, Dylan? What was that?" I ask. Dylan shrugs, but I can tell he's still furious. "He can't mess with my best friend," he growls. Dallas chuckles and hugs Dylan from behind. Dylan's eyes widen, but he relaxes short after. 

"Relax, love, he's not worth it," Dallas says and Dylan nods. "I'm going to the bar after school, you joining?" I ask, but Dylan gives me an apologetic smile. "We kinda have a date."

I smile. "That's totally fine."

Dylan exhales relieved. "I'm sorry, Scarlett." I smile at him. "Hey, that's totally fine. And by the way, if I'm not with you, boys will ask me out sooner," I wink and he snickers.

Dallas raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean. Did Dylan get asked out more than you? Did they steal what's mine?"

I laugh. "No, but they did think we were a couple," I shiver. Dylan frowns at me. "Hey! You say it like it's something bad," he exclaims. I giggle and pat his head. "No, not at all. But I'd rather let Dallas have you, hm?"

He giggles and looks at Dallas. Dallas, who looks confused. "Oh my— What did I get into?" He shakes his head, but he smiles.

The bell rings and we walk together to class.