# CHAPTER 19 #

Thanks for all your comments and votes on the last chapter. Hope you would enjoy this too.

================================

"No......!" Both Lan Wangji and Xue Yang screamed.

Nie Mingju looked at the two of them, puzzled.

Xue Yang looked at Nie Mingju and said,
"My brother will never rest in peace if his funeral was to be held in front of these disgusting people." He said pointing towards all the Lans present.
"Wei Ying's fune...." Lan Wangji began but was cut off.
"You no longer have any rights over him." It was Wen Qing.
Nie Mingju understanding that this matter not needed any more arguments, said,
"I will arrange for it."
Within another few hours, Wei Wuxian was taken away.
Lan Wangji, stood by a corner and watched his beloved be taken away. He watched until their sights faded and continued watching hoping that they would return. But no. Nothing happened and he was made to return to his quarters.

Inside his room, Lan Wangji could not stop his tears from flowing. He wept while playing their song, "Wangxian". All their past memories came flooding through him.
The tip of his fingers began bleeding. His hand ached. But nothing could stop him from playing.

Lan Xichen was in a trance. He could not still make out the things that had happened earlier that day. He was so blinded from hatred that he himself refused to seek out the truth. And now....
It was then that Lan Xichen remembered his brother. He widened his eyes.
"I hope he is not doing anything stupid." Lan Xichen soon wore his outer robe and walked fast towards his brother's room. He did not forget to grab some food on the way.

The more he got closer, the more he heard a song being played. He began walking faster. When he finally reached his brother's room, he got into the room without knocking. He no longer had the sense of manners for he knew that he was too late. Again!

Lan Xichen ran to his brother whose hand was bleeding so much that the younger's robe was soaked in blood.
"Wangji!" Lan Xichen cried.
Lan Wangji did not seem to notice his brother or rather chose to ignore him.
"Wangji, stop playing! You are bleeding!" Lan Xichen cried once again.
Lan Xichen grabbed the other's hand and stopped him from playing anymore.
That was when Lan Wangji looked up at his brother.
His eyes were teary and crimson red. His face was pale and wet with tears. His lips wobbled.
"He.... He is... g...gone....."
Lan Wangji sobbed. He clutched his brother's robe and cried as if his lifeline depended on it.
Seeing his younger brother in such a state, tears found its way down his cheeks too.
"A-Zhan, stop crying. I am here for you."
Lan Wangji shook his head.
"N...no... He i...is not here. H...he is g...gone.... He i...is no long....longer alive. He..."
"A-Zhan...., look at me. Look at your brother."
Lan Xichen cooed as if the other was a child. And of course. If anyone was to see this, they would mistake the esteemed Hanguang Jun for a little child. His behaviour proved such.
Lan Wangji raised his head to look at the other.
"G....ge....." He called out desperately, tears flowing out more.
"A-Zhan, nothing is permanent. Everything has an end. Every living has an end and so does me, you and Wuxian. A-Zhan, do you hear me?"
No. Lan Wangji did not hear it. All he could hear was....
"Cherish every single minute when you are with your beloved. Never let the world bother you when you are with them. Be in your own world when you are with them. Because nothing lasts long. Everything has an end. If it doesn't end, it means that it never began in the first place." Wei Wuxian's words from earlier rang through him.
"No.....!" Lan Wangji cried.
With every passing minute, he wept harder and harder. He struggled for breath. He couldn't breath properly.
"Wei Ying is gone!" He repeated again and again.
Lan Xichen, unable to see his brother suffering, placed a talisman that Wei Wuxian had used on Lan Wangji while he was still alive. The talisman took its effect on Lan Wangji very soon.
Lan Wangji stopped weeping and sta there as a statue. Lan Xichen breathed a sigh of relief.
He helped his brother to the bed and made him rest on it. He then cleaned his brother's wounds and was about to feed when he noticed that his brother had already fallen asleep.
He looked at his brother's face. It was so pale and red. Tears formed in Lan Xichen's eyes. He did not know why his brother had to suffer so much.
"Why him?" He screamed internally.
Lan Xichen covered his brother from a blanket and left his brother to sleep in peace. Little did he know that his brother wasn't fully asleep.

"We promised to live together forever. Now that you are not here, I might as well join you there!"

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

I know it's a short update. I am sorry for I didn't have much time to write longer and I did not want to keep my lovelies waiting.

And a good news for you, I will be updating this story on every Tuesday. So STAY TUNED!

Hope you enjoyed! Leave your comments and votes. Follow me for more updates.

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!