# CHAPTER 42 #

"It's not the ending

"It's not the ending. It's just the beginning!"

Jin Guanyao could not believe it. "That..... That.... Voice....." he cried on his mind. How could it be?

He turned around to look at the source of voice and he couldn't believe his eyes.

"L....la...lan...." He stuttered.

Everyone around gasped. "This...... what....." They could not make out any words either.

"Wangji...!" Both Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren cried. They both ran up to despite the rule that it was forbidden to run in Cloud Recesses. "Wangji...." They cried again. Although it was very hard to believe what they were seeing, they did not mind it. As long as their Wangji was safe, nothing else matters.

Lan Wangji pierced the sword through Jin Guanyao's chest and took it very slowly making sure that Jin Guanyao will not survive the injury and to his satisfaction, Jin Guanyao spat out blood and fell on the ground. And then he turned towards his uncle and brother and gave them an assuring smile, indicating not to worry. He trued to now down to his uncle but he flinched in pain because of the stab wound on his abdomen. No sooner had little pain sounds had left his mouth, Wei Wuxian was already by his side, holding him,

"Lan Zhan, are you OK?"

Lan Wangji's wound was still new and recovering and since it was a severe one, it took longer time to recover and was very painful too. Lan Wangji held Wei Wuxian's hand and tried to calm down, trying to soothe his pain.

Looking at Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian's face reddened. He will not spare Jin Guanyao today!

Wei Wuxian handed over Lan Wangji to Lan Xichen making sure that he held him properly since Lan Wangji could not stand on his own for a long tine. Lan Xichen eyes his brother up and down, feeling very concerned. Lan Qiren too could not help but hold Lan Wangji and take him closer to him, trying to make sure that Lan Wangji was really beside him, Alive!

Wei Wuxian turned around to the crowd and looked at everyone who were still recovering from the astonishment. And then he turned to Su She who was sweating all over and gulping hard the little saliva left in him for he was frightened to death. Wei Wuxian smirked. "I will take care of you later." He told Su She who would now pass out any moment in fear.

Wei Wuxian looked down at Jin Guanyao who was bleeding profusely and pleading for his dear life. He kicked Jin Guanyao so that he would face him and not the ground. When Jin Guanyao's eyes fell upon him, Wei Wuxian smirked. He bent down and inched closer to Jin Guanyao, asking,

"Did you really think I would let you kill my Lan Zhan?"

"I...... I......" Jin Guanyao stuttered for words.

A Jin Clan disciple who had been watching all this, stood up for Jin Guanyao,

"Wei Wuxian, what tricks are you playing now? Do you really think we will believe you?"

"I never asked anyone to believe me, did I?" Wei Wuxian asked everyone.

The cultivators were quiet as they were still digesting whatever they were seeing and hearing. Wei Wuxian shrugged them off, he directed his attention on Jin Guanyao again,

"Meng Yao, you know what, you are very stupid to be honest. How could you even compare yourself with Lan Zhan? Look at him, he looks so handsome and my heartbeats every time I glance at him. How could you even think that I would give up on him just for a plain and ugly face like yours? Huh...?" Wei Wuxian asked dramatically.

Jin Guanyao clenched his teeth in rising anger.

"Aiyaaa....," Wei Wuxian continued, "Meng Yao, don't look at me like that I feel like vomiting right on your face. But.... There is one thing that I have to tell you, I mean, one thing that I like in you...,"

Jin Guanyao could not believe it, did he hear it right?

With much difficulty, Jin Guanyao inched closer to Wei Wuxian making sure that he would hear whatever Wei Wuxian was going to say, clearly since that was the thing that Wei Wuxian had liked in him, and asked,

"Wh.... What is... i.... it...?"

"You really want to know?" Wei Wuxian questioned.

"Yes.... Y...yes.... Te...tell me...." Jin Guanyao was very eager to know what Wei Wuxian had liked in him.

"Alright, then listen carefully, the only thing that I liked in you is....." Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji who was glaring at him, Wei Wuxian smiled at Lan Wangji and sent him a flying kiss and this made Lan Wangji smile, Wei Wuxian turned back to Jin Guanyao and continued his speech, "Your stupid plans which made me and Lan Zhan get even more closer. Thank you so much for that." Wei Wuxian gave a slight bow as if he was really grateful.

Jin Guanyao was not expecting that and when he heard it, he fumed. His blood boiled in anger. With clenched teeth, he spat, "WEI WUXIAN!"

"I'm here. I'm here." Wei Wuxian called back playfully.

"Wei Ying...!" Lan Wangji said sternly.

"Aiyyaa, Lan Zhan...." Wei Wuxian pouted, "Let me have some fun...."

"Wei Ying can....." Lan Wangji was interrupted.

"Wei Wuxian, how dare you? What do you think you are doing?" a cultivator whom Wei Wuxian did not recognize, asked,

"Who are you?"

"You....!" The cultivator fumed.

"Wuxian, what's going on? Why did Wangji stab Meng Yao?" Lan Xichen asked. "And.... How is Wangji.... Alive....?" Lan Xichen asked very slowly and it was evident it was very painful to say it out.

"Zewu Jun, rest assured. I will tell you each and every single thing clearly and evidently. I hope everyone present here will stand by justice."

Wei Wuxian then turned to Jin Guanyao and asked, smirking,

"Childe Jin, aren't you excited to know how I happened to know all the little secrets and shitty plans of yours? Aren't you curious to know how my Lan Zhan is alive? Huh...? So how about.... I tell you a little story? Shall I begin.....?"

Sweat rolled down him and his heart began beating faster.

"If the truth is exposed, then...." Jin Guanyao dreaded for what was going to befall him.

He knew, deep down in his heart, this is the last day he would be alive!