chapter 23

Danni's POV-

It's been a month and a little bit since my birthday but my parents only came back for a week and then they went off again.

But this time I'm looking after annie on my own.

The taylors think they are back but busy with work, I told annie to keep a secret and shes done a very good job at it so far.

It's now the 20th of December and I cant get hold of either one of my parents.

I've used all my money on food and gifts for annie to the point that I need to get a job if they dont come back soon.

I havent been eating much to save all the food for anni. The less I eat the more annie can have.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts while I was making annie dinner by the doorbell going off.

I quickly take the food off of the hob and run to the door quickly to see jess and linda standing there with anni infront of them with a sheepish smile.

She was playing with the twins so, shes either hurt or she sniched on what is happening.

"Um come in I was just making annie some dinner." I say letting them in and going back to making dinner.

Jess follows after me and wraps her arms around me as I cook.

"Danni...put the knife down and listen to us please." She asks me and kisses my cheek gently.

I nod and put the knife down before letting her lead me to the living room where linda and annie were now sitting with emma.

She must if let herself in when I was in the kitchen.

"Danni why didn't you tell us about your parents, we would of helped you. Hell we would of let you move in with us danni!" Emma says looking at me with sympathy.

""Because of the way you're looking at me right now! Your looking at me with sympathy, I dont need sympathy. You think this is the first time this has happened. It isn't this is just the first time you know about!" I say throwing myself onto the sofa next to annie.

They all went quite and I turned my attention to my little sister who looked like she was going to cry.

"I'm sorry danni... I didn't mean to tell them. The twins were going on about what they wanted for Christmas and asked me. I said I wanted mummy and daddy to come home and for you not to waste your money on me." She says sobbing into my chest.

"I'm not wasting anything on you annie, you need all of the things I'm buying you so I dont see that as a waste." I said as I played with her hair.

As much as I wanted to be mad at her, she didn't mean to. She just misses her parents.

"Hey annie, why dont you go to your room for a bit?" Linda says with her soft smile.

Annie nods before kissing my cheek and running upstairs to her room.

Her spot was quickly stolen by jess who let me lean into her side knowing that I needed to be held.

"They are good parents you know, it's just when I was 12 and annie was 2 they disappeared for a couple months then came back like nothing had happened. It kept on happening and there is always 1 year between each one." I say as I let a tear slip down my cheek.

"I knew I could look after her, I always save up when they are here so when they leave I have money to pay the bills, buy food,  clothes and Christmas gifts for annie. So that's why I didnt tell you because I know how to deal with this! Because to me this is my normal. " I stand up and turn to trace before turning back to face them.