Dear Sam,

Hey there, old flame!

I'm gonna be honest. I did not expect our meeting to go like that!

I always have a lot to say to you but today I felt tongue-tied as if I was lost for words. All I could do was enjoy the silence between us as we sipped our hot chocolate in that same café. Before, the silence made me uncomfortable, but now I find peace.

It was just like old times when we laughed seeing the children's snowball fight when we enjoyed each other's company. But this time, it wasn't love that we felt for each other like we did in high school, it was the hope that we both find our happiness.

And when you caught me in your arms when I was about to fall, it wasn't those sparks fly moments like before, it wasn't awkward being in your arms again, it wasn't those first time jitters or those last time tearing ups.

I guess it was beyond that.

When we met again, all I could feel was two grown-ups who were still kids at heart, who still had regrets about our past, who still were navigating through life, who loved and lost, who still wonder some possibilities from time to time but who have cherished all our good times, and who were happy for each other.

Look at us, mature-ing.

A part of me will always love you, Sam. Hope you get all that you wish for and more.

The one who is moving on with good memories of our past,

Nia

P.S. Dancing in the snowfall with you was my favorite memory.