Skin

Marinette's pov:

Maybe we could've been friends

"Leave." I demanded, my voice so cold Adrien swore the room temperature dropped a few degrees.

"M'Lady-"

"Now Adrien." I ordered. Tears on the brim of my eyes started to fall. He reached out but soon changed his mind and turned heading to the door. When he got to the door he looked back, longingly, and hung his head in shame. Before I slammed the door, I grabbed the small, expensive piece of metal from my finger and threw it at him. Smacking the door in his face, my knees gave way and I slid the the floor sobbing.

If I met you in another life

A few hours ago we were laughing and it could brighten anyone's day. Adrien always had a way of doing that-making people laugh no matter their situation.

"Okay." I said "So far, for our song to announce our engagement, we have:

Everything we've been through

I still and will always love you

Forever our romantic bond

Will be with you and your- What next?" I asked stumped.

"How about... Everything we've been through

I still and will always love you

Forever our romantic bond" He closed his eyes, really getting into the poem.

"Will be with you and your hair so blond-" I froze at the last few words.

"What?" I croaked out. He had pictured another girl while professing his love. I shouldn't have given him a second chance after the Lila incident. He claimed he's changed from being a coward but he's the same idiot I remember. "Leave." I demanded.

Maybe then we could pretend

I called Chloe and asked if I could come over. As soon as I got to her hotel room, I cried. I could tell Chloe wanted to know why, but she stayed still and comforting until I calmed down. I told Chloe everything. From me being ladybug, to how I broke it off with Adrien. Chloe looked like she wanted to rip that boy's head right off his neck. She looked back at me in empathy, "Mari, Jagged told me the best way to deal with emotions is by writing a song. Try it" She suggested and she handed me a notepad and pencil. I didn't even need to think about it, I just wrote whatever came to my mind.

There's no gravity in the words we write
Maybe you didn't mean it
Maybe blonde was the only rhyme
The only rhyme

Chloe looked surprised I found something so quickly, she was about to comment on it but I started singing it before she could get in a word.

Jagged's pov:

"Penny, did you get your veil from Audrey, yet?"

"Yes I did, Jag." I hugged her and was about to ask her another question when I heard an angelic, musical, yet broken voice.

"Who is that?" Penny and I quickly followed the voice to a room near mine. Penny was about to knock when the door opened, and Jean stepped out. Startled, I put my elbow on the wall and whistled a new tune I was experimenting with, trying to make it seem like we weren't eavesdropping. Jean shrugged at us and walked down the hall. Right when the door was about to close, I slid my foot in between the door and walked in searching for the owner of the voice.

When I turned the corner, my heart broke at the sight of my designer. There were dozens of tissues scattered on the floor, Marinette's eyes seemed to be red and puffy, there was a notepad with words on it, and there was Chloe Bourgeois comforting Marinette Dupain-Cheng.