Sara

Part 2 of Fixer!

⚠️Once again, brief mentions of suicide and many somewhat detailed mentions of many murders/deaths. You can always talk to me :) Thanks!⚠️

"That was gorgeous, Nino." Chloe complimented.

"Thanks, Chloe." Nino blushed.

You may be wondering who I am right now? I'm not telling you, yet. I will tell you this, though. I'm watching this ordeal through the security cameras. It's not like I don't care about Marinette Dupain-Cheng's funeral, it's just that I don't care about Marinette Dupain-Cheng anymore. You know what? Guess who I am?

Chloe stepped up to the podium. "Hello?" She said into the mic. She smiled warmly at everyone gathered. "I was Marinette Dupain-Cheng's best friend for the past 5 years. I may not've taught her much, but she taught me the whole world. She always said 'If you're not willing to change, who is?' At the time, I thought it was about me becoming a better person, but now," Chloe wiped away a few stray tears. "I think she really meant If you're not willing to change, don't expect your life to."

People started applauding but Chloe wasn't finished. "After she died, I realized 2 things. One, how much she meant to all of us. And two, how much all of us hurt her." Chloe turned towards Marinette's portrait as if she was directly speaking to her. "Little Sara, you're a diamond in the rough. A one in a million. Make that a googolplex. I don't know right now!" Chloe stressed. "And I know that you don't hear this all enough. You were a really special person, even if you didn't think you were. You were special to us.

Well, most of us. Like Nino said, she was bullied by 12 people in this room just at school! 12! With only 2 friends left! The thing is, having Marinette dead is what every last one of those 12 people wanted. I'm not going to say their names, but if you just look around, you'll know exactly who wanted the sweetest girl ever to commit suicide, and I'm sure that's why your wrists have tons of cuts. Because it seemed like everyone in your world hated you."

"That's it Chloe. Good job." I mumbled.

"And I'm sure that's why you think you're not enough. I mean, when have any of you ever heard Marinette's parents say anything nice about her." Everyone was silent, not daring to face Chloe's wrath. "Right. Gosh I still remember seeing her last week!" Chloe screamed. "On your nineteenth birthday you thought that you were done there were tons of people in your home, but it only felt like one." Chloe stared off into the distance.

"'Cause your brain can only think about the waiting loaded gun." She sighed. "But your friends are all still here, so pretend you're having fun. No one noticed when Marinette would just sit and stare at her sleeves. Even if they did, frankly, no one would care! Everyone thought she was just the perfect little Miss Goody Two Shoes turned a bully. I mean, how the hell does that make sense!

All your friends they wanna drink 'cause it's your birthday, but you've been drinking straight probably since last Thursday." Chloe said. "Y'all, drinking is the only thing that makes you feel just okay! It keeps the trigger finger off the trigger and at bay." Chloe yelled. "Your mind can only think about the things it shouldn't. Your brain is filled with thoughts of wishing that ya didn't. Little Sarah, perk your ears up try to listen!" Chloe screamed. "But she can't hear a sound because she's locked in a prison." She finished in a whisper. "Thank you." Chloe stepped down from the podium.

"Chloe?" Rose asked. "I thought you hated Marinette?"

"What? No! She was my best friend. Now thanks to you she's dead!" Chloe wailed. "Get out of my way. I never want to see any of you again."