Chapter 17

Standing on this stage is making my heart pound so much. Im both afraid and excited to be here. This will be it. Haymitch explained this is what was needed. Here we go.

*flashback*

For the past hour Gale has not stopped walking up and down the studio. Apparently this is sick. I have to agree with him, it makes it even more real, but there's something deep down that's not settling right with me. Something just feels like it's getting worse. I try to focus on the positives and how us Jabberjays are going to smash it tomorrow night!

Jo and I thank Haymitch once again and start walking to Finns so we can watch the interview. We settle down and the snowshow is on. The host is sitting talking to the audience about what a treat it is.

First on is Annie, she looks mysteriously beautiful in her formal but stylish, dress and suit. Caesar Flickerman introduces her as our publicist, and she clearly looks the part. He starts questioning her all nitty and gritty, she answers it all honestly but when I catch the question about her relationship with the band, she says it's all strictly formal and as charming as Gale and Finnick are the are I fact single.

That earns looks at Johanna from both Gale and I. "Haymitch said that she has to say that to please Snow. Even though Annie practically lives here people think it's more of a made thing." She admits looking down.

I try and not focus on how Snow probably played apart in this and watch Finn strut his stuff. His outfit or lack of it is exactly what is needed to boost the sex appeal. He is in a black blazer and matching pants. No shirt, leaving his toned chest on full display. Once again I don't really listen to what goes on until I hear Peetas soothing voice.

"Well Caesar the sound of this band is quite different as the song writer I have created an interesting mix for them to sing. As all of my works they come from the heart." He winks at the audience and he shares a look with Flickerman and they both start laughing. The deep rumble from Peetas throat sends a smile to my face. "All I'm going to say is that your in for a shock"

"Peeta don't just leave us hanging!?" He exclao,es and the crowd cheers in agreement.

"I've said to much" is all Peeta mutters.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

"Oh my God" Finn mutters as he steps into the recording studio several hours after the show. "Haymitch really outdid himself" he sighs in awe.

"I know we are so lucky, i just hope someone knows how to use all this technology!" I exclaim.

"Good job Annie and I have been trained them" Peeta says wrapping his arms tightly around my middle.

I giggle and run across the room.

"Oh so you want to play games, miss Everdeen?" He questions in a deep husky voice.

"Depends what games" I bravely smirk.

"Ehem.." Gale clears his voice.

"Shitt!" I scream and go bright red!

Jo and Finn laugh while Peeta looks at the ground trying to cover his smile.

"Well Haymitch said we need to do a quick run through with the new song." Gale gruffs. "The quicker we record it the quicker you two can get back to what ever that was." He moans. Aww bless him forever being the big brother figure in my life.

"Let's go!" I say grabbing the new sparkly mic I assume is mine. Peeta shuts the door and counts down on this hands. I take a deep breath and start. "Are you..."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

"You were great, Kat" Peeta murmurs, while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Your gonna nail it tomorrow!"