Chapter 1

It was a warm Spring Day in the town of Newport, Rhode Island. The sun was beating down on the small town that was known as a tourist attraction. A beautiful girl named Roxanne Summers was riding her bike through the beautiful town. She was looking around at all the shops that she could buy stuff. Being born in a rich werewolf family has its perks but she does watch what she spends because she is the Alphas only daughter who will someday take over her pack like her father.

She stops at a boutique that sells dresses for fancy occasions. She looks at the dresses that were in the window and was happy that they had her favorite color which was Royal Purple but that one wasn't in the window. She chains her bike to a nearby pole and makes sure that it was locked. As she walked in, she spotted the Royal Purple dress that had silver sequins on it. She rushed over excited as she found her size in the rack.

Roxanne went to the dressing room to try on the dress that she had picked out. She had to get a dress because her 17th birthday was coming up and this was one year closer to finding her mate, which she couldn't wait to find. Being an Alphas daughter may give her the advantage to finding her mate earlier than any normal werewolf in her pack. She was hoping that her mate would be another werewolf because if your mate is another species then you will get stripped of your title and be kicked out of the pack. Her best friend Willow is going to be her Beta once she is Alpha, and she can't wait for that day to happen since it's going to be a big ceremony in front of the whole entire pack.

She looked at herself in the mirror and loved how the dress hugged her curves and how her chest stood out. She also loved how it went right above her knees and wasn't too long to. She then decided that she would get the dress because it was so beautiful, and she could wear it to her party. All she had to do was get a pair of wedges that would go along with the dress and that way her outfit would be complete. Roxanne got out of the dress and got changed back into her clothes so she could purchase the dress that she loved. She headed to the register and waited as the cashier scanned her dress so she could pay for it. She pulled out her credit card that her dad got her, but she helps pay on it since she has her own job.

After paying for her dress, she grabbed the bag that they put it in and left the little boutique. She was excited for her party which was in a few days so finding a nice outfit had its own deadline. She gently placed the dress in the basket of her bike and walked her bike to the next shop which had shoes inside. She spotted her best friend Willow in the shop and smiled softly knowing that now she will have a shopping buddy. After making sure things were secure on her bike, she went in the shoe shop and went over to her friend.

"Willow, is that you?" She says to her friend.

Willow turned towards her friend and gave her friend a smile. She was excited to see her friend that she has known since they were born. She was excited to know that her friend was going to be 17 years old and that she was going to be Alpha. Willow was tired of seeing males become Alpha and Beta so when Roxanne's father expressed that he would be stepping down and be giving Roxanne the Alpha position she had some hope. She let out a soft groan when Roxanne came and hugged her. After her friend let go, she was still smiling.

"Hey Roxie. What are you doing here?" Willow asks.

"Just shopping for things for my birthday party that's going to be hosted this Saturday, and I know it's weird that I am shopping three days before the party which you know I never do because I always have to have an outfit ready."

Yea that's for sure. You always like to have things planned and ready so you're not rushing around last minute."

"Yea you got that right Will. Do you want to help me pick out a pair of shoes that would go with my dress?"

"Of course, I would! What color is the dress?"

"Royal Purple, my favorite color. Plus, it was that dress I showed you the last time we went in the boutique last week."

"Oh, yea I loved that dress on you. You finally got it?"

"Yea I got it today, actually a few moments before I came in here. Now I'm just looking for a pair of wedges that complement the dress."

"Don't worry girl we will find a pair that suits you and complements that dress."

Roxanne smiles and nods at her best friend and the girls look around the shoe shop looking for the right pair of shoes. Roxanne found a silver pair of wedges that worked perfectly with the dress she just got. She went over to her friend so that way she can show her friend.

"Will look." She says excitedly.

Her friend turns and looks at her friend. Her eyes look down to what her friend was holding, and she smiles knowing the shoes were perfect for the dress that she had just bought.

"Those are perfect, you have to get them Rox."

"Oh, I will. Are you coming by later to work on the homework for history?"

"Yea I will. I'll be by after dinner."

"Awesome, I'll see you later on Will."

Willow nods at her friend and then heads out of the store after giving her friend a hug goodbye. Roxanne then bought the shoes and then left the store. She then rode her bike down the rest of the shoppes without stopping in anyone of them because she just wanted to get home and put away her new things.

'I can't wait to turn 17 and hope to find my mate real soon.' Roxanne thought, smiling to herself. What she thought was true and hopes that it comes true.