VIII.

Saving Him

"Now, I may not be a werewolf, thank the ancestors for that, but I do have other abilities."

[ 3

[ 3.18 ]

♾♾♾

EARLIER IN THE NIGHT before Scott ever called Derek to go look for his missing best friend or even knew Stiles was missing.

He was asleep and got a phone call. He woke up and saw the caller id saying 'Stiles' and decided to answer it. "Hey man, what's up?" At first Scott got nothing on the other end of the phone call so he asked "Stiles?" and heard heavy breathing so he asked again "Stiles? You there?"

And finally Stiles answered back but it wasn't the happy Stiles everyone knew, "Scott?" Stiles asked as he was strained and scared wherever he was.

Scott sat up in his bed alarmed and said, "Hey, I'm here. Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

Stiles answered back, "Scott, I don't... I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleepwalking." Scott could tell Stiles was scared on the other end of the line.

"Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see." Scott said as he was trying to get Stiles to answer the questions so he could find him as quickly as possible.

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my.." and before Stiles could finish the phone disconnected.

Scott, getting worried, got up from his bed and tried to call Stiles back and got nothing but his voicemail. And so he tried to call him again multiple times and continued to get his voicemail.

And when Scott was about to call Stiles again, Stiles called him back and Scott answered immediately, "Stiles?"

"Scott, I don't think I can get out of here, I can't move." Stiles explained on the phone.

"Where are you?" Scott asked as he was worried about his friend's safety.

"I don't know. I don't know, It's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something, and it's.. I think it's bleeding."

"How bad? Stiles, how bad is it?... "Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"

"Ah, there's some kind of smell down here, something smells terrible, it's brutal my eyes are watering."

"Okay, listen I'm calling your dad." Scott said but was met with "No, no, no, no, don't" from Stiles.

"But your dad–" Scott began to say but was cut off by Stiles, "Don't, just please don't call him. Promise you won't, he already worries about me too much Scott please."

'But what if I can't find you? Stiles, I can't make a promise like that." Scott said as he was worried this would be too much for him to handle on his own.