XV.

The Check-Up

"You're not yourself when you're hungry, here have a snickers."

[ 3

[ 3.23 ]

♾♾♾

AFTER EXPELLING STILES OUT OF VOID'S BODY MELISSA DID A CHECK-UP. Shining a small flashlight in his eye checking to see if his pupils responded, which they did. Melissa then reached to touch Stiles wrist to check his heart rate but had to reassure herself first. Sensing she was scared, Stiles offered his wrist to her. Which Melissa was thankful for and took it.

After completing a full check-up on Stiles, Melissa came to the conclusion "Well, medically you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." Melissa joked to lighten the mood.

"Okay, so I'm real but am I really me?" Stiles questioned, still not believing his mind or his body.

Scott then entered the room before Melissa said anything to him, "She here?" Stiles asked. Scott nodded his head yes. "Okay, let's do this." Melissa and Scott still looked unsure, "Guys, we have to do this." Stiles said and Scott helped him to the living room.

Once they rounded the corner, Noshiko was standing in the middle of the living room. "Do you recognize me, hmm?" she asked.

Stiles nodded his head. Kira soon entered the room, "Stop." she said. "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come." Stiles said.

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." Kira told him.

Looking at her mother now, "Mom, don't do this to him." she pleaded.

"It's already done." Noshiko said, then the oni appeared along with Zella.

Walking slowly in front of him, "The real Stiles I presume?" Zella asked, he nodded his head.

Zella then connected her hands to his head and combed through his entire soul, body and mind. While her eyes turned a pitch black.

After a few seconds, Zella then finished and marked him behind his ear and let Stiles drop to the floor and the oni disappeared.

"Look behind his ear." Noshiko ordered. And Melissa, Scott and Kira ran to check.

"It worked." Scott said.

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked

"More you than the nogitsune." Noshiko said, looking at the boy.

"Can the oni find him?" Stiles asked

"They'll find him tomorrow night, it's too close to dawn now." Zella said.

"Can they kill him?" Stiles asked.

"If you're asking if the oni can kill Void, then it depends on how strong he is. But I know I can." Zella told Stiles.

"So you're basically like the oni, if one were to speak... that's comforting to know." Stiles said, looking at the woman.