Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

He turns to Mirabel, Bruno then back as himself with a distorted face. If it's a normal situation, I would've laugh because it's funny. But from how tense Mirabel and Agustin is acting, I can tell that this is a serious situation. God...

I have a bad feeling about this

-Mirabel Found Bruno-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit in my seat, feeling the growing tension among the others. I notice Camilo whispering in Felix's ear, this causes Felix to spit water all over the guests. He quickly try to cover his mouth as he stares at the two Guzmans in nervousness.

Felix whispers to Pepa. I can see the cloud forming on top of her head. "Pepa... the cloud" Abuela said. She quickly runs her hands on her hair. "Clear skies! Clear skies! Clear skies!" She muttered. I look at her worriedly.

I hear a bump on the table and turn my head to see Mirabel. "Is everything alright?" Mariano said. I turn to look at Mirabel. She was about to say something. But her dad beats her to it.

"Of course! She's just excited... for you to, propose! Which you should do as soon as possible" he said, while patting Mirabel's hand. "Uh... I was actually gonna-"  Mariano tried to say. "You were actually gonna? Great!" Mirabel said, cutting him off. She turns Isabela to face Mariano.

"Well, well well... since everyone here have gifts. My Mariano wants to present a song. Luisa, could you bring over the piano, please?" Mariano's mom said. Luisa looks like she's about to cry, muttering a quiet 'okay' as she walks out of the room. I frown as I stare at her in worry.

"It's actually, family's tradition to sing after" Mirabel said. She tilts Mariano's chair, causing him to fall on one of his knee. He didn't say anything but just nod his head. He turns to look at Isabela and start to talk to her.

I hear a loud thud and turn my head to see Mirabel on the ground. Everyone stares at her. She just give a thumbs up at Mariano. "You're doing great" she said. Mariano clears his throat and focus on Isabela again.

"No!" Mirabel yelled out. I turn to see Mirabel jumps forward. The cloud in the room starts growing. I can see the wall cracking. "What is going on?!" Abuela yelled out.

"Mirabel found Bruno's vision. She's in it, and now the magic is breaking and we're all doom!!" Dolores yelled out, while covering both of her ears. Which no doubt, must be hurting from all these sound and the fact that she have enhance hearing... makes it even worse.

Thunder booms in the room and rain starts to fall, soaking everyone in the process. A toucan flies away after getting startled by the sound of thunder. The door flung open to reveal the townspeople.

Mariano and his mom leave Casita because of the chaos. "Senorá! Por favor!!" Abuela said as she run after them. "Ahh! I'm a loser!" Luisa cried out. Her dad chases after her, trying to comfort her.

"What did you do?!" Pepa said, to Mirabel with the cloud still hovering above her head. "Nothing! I was just trying to..." Mirabel stops mid-sentence as she knows no one would listen anyway. I walk towards her and place my hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, Mirabel... you're only trying to look out for this family" I said, smiling at her. She smiles at me. I can see the sadness in her eyes. I look down to see rats running away why holding the pieces of the visions. They must be taking it back to Bruno.

Mirabel chases after them. I quickly follows her. I've got to make sure she's alright. Especially with all the hard time she's facing.

The rats enters the portrait. Mirabel looks confused as she gently push it open. I didn't say anything. It's mostly because I don't know what to say. None of the family members knew that I've been seeing Bruno for the past few months I've been here.

Mirabel push the portrait open the reveal the hidden passage. The place Bruno's been hiding for the past 10 years. Mirabel makes her way inside the hideout. I step inside as well, closing the portrait behind me so no one else would know.

A rat holding the piece rush passed us. The hallway is dark. So the shard looks like it's floating. But I know exactly what happened. Bruno is here... and I was right when I see him when the thunder booms. The hallway went dark. Then another lighting lit up the room to reveal it empty.

Mirabel starts chasing after Bruno. I let out a sigh, knowing I don't have a choice but to run after her. I just want to make sure she didn't freak out at the sight of her uncle.

We turn around the corner and notice a large gap on the floor. Mirabel turns to look at me. "Mirabel, no. Don't be reckless" I said. She just turn forward with a determine look. She takes a deep breath and runs.

"Mirabel!!" I screamed, as I watch Mirabel losing her footing. She holds onto a piece of wood. "Tia! Help me!" She said. I look around, trying to think what to do.

"I can't jump, Mirabel... it will break the wood even more. God! What should I do?!" I said. "Casita? Help me... help me!!" She yelled. The wood breaks. Before she fall, someone grabs her hand. I let out a sigh of relief, realizing Bruno came back to save his niece.

"You're very sweaty" he said. The floor beneath him breaks. Mirabel quickly grabs his wrist. But a rat appears and startles Mirabel, making her let go of Bruno's arm. He lets out a scream. My hands went up to my mouth out of shock.

Bruno appears from the mist. He use his cape and fan the mist away, revealing a floor. "Hm..." he said. I let out a sigh of relief. I slowly climb down and walk across. Mirabel grabs my hand and pulls me up. We do the same to Bruno.

Bruno looks down at the gap. He turns to look at his niece. "Bye..." he said, walking away.

"What? Hold on! Wait

"What? Hold on! Wait... wait!! Ouch!" Mirabel said as she tries to follow Bruno. I let out a sigh and follow after them.

"Why did you take the vision? Is that why you came back... or... Tio Bruno?" Mirabel said. Bruno starts to do one of his antics. "Knock knock knock knock on wood!" He said. He inhales a deep breath, holding it while crossing his fingers. I cover my mouth, trying not to laugh because Bruno is being funny and cute. Wait... what? Oh whatever... I just hope nothing bad happen from this.

*to be continued*