Chapter 24

Previously on Chapter 23

I let out a sigh and turn to lay on my side. I should just take a nap for now. Hopefully, Bruno will return soon. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Surprise-

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up to something licking my cheek. I open my eyes to see a lemur. "Oh hello... why are you doing here little one?" I asked while caressing its head. It sniff my face and turn away. I follow its gaze to see a group of lemur gathering on the floor.

I furrow my eyebrow in confusion as one of them holds what seem to be a letter in its mouth. It walks up to me and raise its head, as if inviting me to take the letter. I reach down and grab it. They tilt their heads slightly, staring at the letter and to me in sync. I blink my eyes, realizing they want me to read it. I turn my attention to the letter and unfold it.

To my Mi Vida,
Y/N

Hello, Mi Vida. You must feel a little confused because of my disappearance. But I assure you that I'm alright. I'm just preparing something, specially made for you. Now... will you kindly follow the butterflies?

Yours Truly,
Bruno

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and turn to look at the lemurs. They turn their heads simultaneously to look out the window. I follow their line of gazes to see a swarm of butterflies fluttering around.

I move to stand up

I move to stand up. I make my way outside and the swarm of butterflies instantly circles around me. I look around in amazement at how beautiful they looks. They slowly start to fly away.

Follow the butterflies... the letter said. I slowly follow them as they keep flying in groups towards a certain direction. This must be the work of Antonio. Whatever Bruno is planning... I can make a guess that everyone's involved in some ways.

I look around the place in wonder. The butterflies have led me to a lake. I hear cooing sound. I look up to see a flock of pigeons flying towards me. I notice two of them holding flower necklace. They place it around my neck, which makes me smile softly.

One of them flies near me. I lift my hand, allowing it to perch on the back of my hand. I notice a note strapped on its leg. I lift my free hand and take the note.

How do you like the first surprise, Mi Vida? I handmade that flower necklace for you. Yep... I didn't ask Isabela to help. I made it by my own hands, especially made for the most beautiful girl. I'm so lucky to have you, Mi Vida.

Now that you're by the lake after following the butterflies, wait for the sound of the nightingales... and follow it.

Love,
Bruno

I hear the sound of beautiful melody by the nightingales. I turn towards the sound and walk towards it. I wonder why Bruno is preparing all of these.

Now it leads me to a beautiful garden. I smile as I look around the place. I turn my head to the side and notices a group of monkeys. One of them walk towards me and lift its hand. I notice the monkey is holding a small box. I lift my hand, letting the monkey place the box in my hand.

"Thank you..." I said. The monkey jumps to my shoulder and planted a kiss on my cheek, which makes me let out a soft giggle. I turn my attention to the box and opens it. My eyes soften when I see what's in it.

A beautiful bracelet

A beautiful bracelet. I take it out of the box and try my best to put it on. Which is a struggle, but I manage to get it on my wrist. I smile softly to myself as I admire the beauty of the bracelet.

I feel a tug on my skirt and look down. A baby monkey is looking up at me, holding up a piece of note in its hand. I kneel down, gently patting its head and take the letter. The baby monkey climbs onto my lap and stares at me. I turn my attention to the letter and opens it.

Do you like the bracelet, Mi Vida? I hope you do... it took me a long time to pick the best one for you. The monkeys are cute, aren't they? But surely aren't cuter than my little rats :).

Now that you're in the garden... follow the trail of your favorite flower, f/f. It will lead you to the next destination. Good luck, Mi Vida~

Bruno

I turn my head to see a trail of my favorite flower. This is no doubt is Isabela's doing. How did they manage to do something like this in such a short period of time?? Or it was longer than I thought. Did they planned all of these all along?

It eventually leads me to a beach. But nothing is there. I look around in confusion. Until I notice something on the ocean, jumping around. I squint my eyes in confusion and realize it's a group of dolphins.

I feel a nudge on my side and turn my head to see a deer. It leans down, making me jumps back to avoid its antlers. I notice a letter is attached on it. I lift my hand and take it from it. I unfold the letter.

Just trust me... and get on the boat. The dolphin will take you somewhere. Make yourself comfortable and don't fall off, okay?

See you soon, Mi Vida

I notice a wooden boat. I walk towards it and get on it. I feel the boat getting pulled. I look up to see the dolphin who's waiting near the ocean is pulling a rope attached to the boat.

The dolphin pulls me to the side of the beach. My eyes widened when I notice something floating in front of me.

Bruno is standing on top of it, hands behind his back

Bruno is standing on top of it, hands behind his back. My eyes soften at the sight of him. He's looking at me with a wide smile on his face. He offers a hand to me. I place my hand in his, allowing him to help me get on the floating wood.

"How long does it take for you to prepare all these?" I asked. He just smiles as he holds both of my hands. "Let it be a mystery..." he said. I roll my eyes at him. He just chuckle and leans his forehead against mine.

"Do you like the surprise, Mi Vida?" He asked. I smile brightly and nod my head. "Everything is amazing. I love it..." I said. He smiles happily and places a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and kisses him back.

"I'm glad..." he said, after pulling away. He gestures me to sit down. He gently push the chair for me and sit down on the other chair. The dolphin pulls another float which is filled with food. I let out a giggle, shaking my head at how cute everything is. I didn't know Bruno can think of something so cute and sweet like this. He's really full of surprises.

*to be continued*