Chapter 18

"I can shown you what happened," Marshmallow offered after seeing my shocked face. "It's partially my fault anyway."

His face showed just as much pain as it did when he failed to protect Hecate, even though he didn't do anything wrong. Well, except the part that he cursed the Cadell's late father without looking for further reason on why he did it anyway, but I guess it wasn't really his fault.

"Ready?"

"Mhm," I hummed in response.

He pulled me close to him for a moment, then laid me to my bed. "I'll pull you out when you nod your head."

"Alright, I'm ready."

I felt myself being knocked out of consciousness, then I fully blacked out.

I was back where I left off, but in the part where he actually kills Hecate.

Hecate was kneeling in front of one of the tombs, crying.

The name engraved on the tomb read: 'Helen Vera,' who was most probably her mother.

"Why... Why is everything just so wrong!" She yelled out, frustrated. "You left me, my coven left me, and... Snowy left me."

Tears spilled from both of her eyes, falling at a rapid speed.

That was when the wolf came, again. It lunged at Hecate the first time it spotted her since she was crying in hysterics, obviously distracted.

She could've fought back, but she didn't. She could've survived, but... she didn't want to.

Snowy leapt out of his hiding spot, ready to save her, but Hecate held a hand out, signalling him to stop. Snowy's eyes flashed red as he watched his owner get killed by the wolf. He angrily stomped, but did as Hecate told. He retreated, but not before promising threats to the wolf, saying that his line will be considered the most ruthless, cruel, and coldest to their mates.

I weakly nodded my head, then I started falling in and out of consciousness, until I finally woke up.

"So?" Marshmallow said weakly. He seemed less enthusiastic to start a conversation than he usually did.

I inhaled, then exhaled. "Ok," I said. "Do you at least know how to reverse the spell?"

He nervously glanced around everything in the room except my eyes. "Kind of."

"Kind of? What do you mean? You're the caster of the spell so you can reverse it, right?" My voice was a little bit shaky, I took the hint of his nervousness as a no.

"I wasn't really focusing on setting a reverse spell so I did random things. I never thought I'd have to be invloved with this again."

We were both silent for a while, before he spoke up.

"But I can still try to help, a little. I only know that I placed the list of ingredients of how to reverse it somewhere around her tomb," he said as he stared intently in my eyes, as if trying to see a hint of emotion.

"Mkay, should we go right now? I could leave a note, they won't let me go if they knew."

"Uhm, I think it's best if you tell them personally, I don't think they'll take this lightly."

I knew what he said was true but... I couldn't risk asking.

"It's fine, I'm sure they will understand," I said with a fake smile.

"Okey, I'll wait outside. Remember to change into comfortable, light, and flexible clothes."

I grabbed a random piece of paper and scribbled down the words:

I hope that was enough to explain the situation, I also hope that my handwriting wasn't too messy, I get the comment of having a 'too messy handwriting to understand' a lot

I hope that was enough to explain the situation, I also hope that my handwriting wasn't too messy, I get the comment of having a 'too messy handwriting to understand' a lot. It was probably because I like writing in cursive.

I put on random light and flexible clothing from my closet and walked out of my room, seeing Marshmallow in human form, his clothing was the same as before.

"This better work 'cause it takes a lot of energy for me to shift," he muttered. "Ready?"

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p' as always.

"I still think that we should tell Caine, in case something happens then we could have backup."

"He'll never allow me to leave then."

"Fine, you're so stubborn, just make sure you put enough info in your note."

"So that they could follow us?" I asked. That was the least thing I wanted to happen. I'd probably never hear the end of it.

"Sort of, we might need help anyway. I think I put some sort of powerful beast made by, well, me."

"Oh."

"Yeah, let's go?"

"Let's."