Chapter 34

"C'mon, quickly," Buttercup said while zipping her black bag, then flicking her finger so that it was a size of a ring, before hanging it on one of her necklaces

The bag now looked like a simple charm on her necklace.

Butter's steps towards the door came to a halt. She turned around and said, "Wait, before we barge into the stacks room, what are the ingredients you needed?"

I shrugged. "A couple strands of yeti's fur and a golden serpent talon. The last time I took a tour around the stacks room, it was on the left side, at the 'Extinct Animal Parts' section."

Butter suddenly froze. "The extinct animal parts section?" Her voice shook a little.

"Uh, yeah. I think they're at the end of the-," she cut me off.

"Do you know they keep animal hearts in that area? I never took the tour of that part of the room because it's just, just absolutely horrible. I don't get why they even extract an animal's blood from their dead body. Can't they just leave the body alone? What happens if I died? Will my body parts be disassembled too?"

I gulped. It was well known that if one of us died, the staff would take our valuable parts for the stacks room. They say it's returning the favor of them keeping us safe and alive while we were on earth.

Even though spirit animals were immortal, we can also die, but unlike the werewolves, vampires, and other supernaturals, we can only die if we decide to take our own life.

I didn't say anything as she stared at me. There was nothing to say anyway.

She took heavy deep breaths, and her eyes started flickering from brown to silver, a sign that she was trying to control her feelings, she then said, "Sorry, I was just being dramatic. At least the ingredients you need aren't really gross. Are you ready?"

I nodded.

She threw one of her concealing coats and I put it on. It doesn't really make you invisible or anything, it just makes you a little bit more hidden.

I frowned when she put hers on too.

"Why are you also wearing that? I thought you got permission."

"I did, but I might have to run away after this."

"What?" I said in surprise. "But I thought you said you had it covered-, if we can't get it while not getting caught then I'll look for another way to get it."

She sighed. "The items you're looking for are rare and are probably gone from anywhere else except here. I don't even know if they have any in here, since I never really looked around..."

"Plus I'm getting bored of this place. All we do is the same routine every day, and I don't want to be part of any of those breeding events either. I'm due next week... I've been planning to run away ever since I was informed of it. It's not for volunteers only anymore, it's mandatory now."