Part 102 - Stories

Last Part

Chris.

I am Chris Marshall.

For the past five years, that has been my new identity. Especially after my younger brother and I both faked our deaths in order to escape our atrocious father's horrendous legacy of money, crime, blood, rage, and arrogance. My mother was a loving, caring housewife, and my father was a rapist, dreadful, orthodox businessman. My 6-year-old self recalls my mother loving me and working hard to get me and my brother away from our abusive father, and she almost succeeded. That's why my father murdered my mother, took us back to his house, and turned it into a prison for us all. As I grew older without my mother, I began to resemble, started to become more and more like my father. That is callous, heartless, cruel, and insensitive. In a nutshell, I grew up to be a monster like my father.

However, things changed when I was forced by my father to marry one of our business rival's daughter due to some business issues. And I can assure you that this marriage was the only good decision my father ever compelled me to make. I married her, but I never truly accepted the marriage. We got off to a bad start, she and I, not compatible at all. Needless to say, I was a total jerk to her. I misunderstood her a lot, and we got into a lot of fights because of my arrogance and ego. I used to believe that I could never be wrong. But that one damn woman...

She was always proving me wrong.

Which is why I was even more intrigued by her.

It was never supposed for me to fall in love. And with her, definitely no. That's exactly what I've been telling myself since I began to understand the world. But destiny laughed right in my face as I fell head over heels for the woman I married. I began to change... My thoughts began to change. I became so addicted to the love, the calmness, and the peace she brought me. So much that I couldnt even sleep without her by my side.

The 3 first years we were together there, there were many ups and downs in our marriage, a crazy rollercoaster ride. With my father, her nasty step-mother and my crazy ex-girlfriend's plans to separate me from her but my wife and I. especially my father started regretting his decision of getting us married. Despite the odds, we both managed to trust each other and fight them all. I learnt how to trust her, love her, care for her. I learnt what being a partner, a father is.

But things took a turn for the worse when my father realized how much I had changed and threatened to kill my wife. With her being the direct and clear target of professional shooters, I had to think fast to find a way out. I eventually struck a deal with my father to save her life, and he agreed to let her go only if I humiliated her for changing me and making me human and civilized. Unwillingly, I had to look her in the eyes and tell her that I pretended to love her and fucked her in retaliation for everything she did after marrying me. For encouraging me to be a good man, a good husband, a good father. That day, I literally broke her heart and our son's heart into millions of pieces, and her eyes could scream how much my words and actions had scattered her. My son was completely at lost with my behavior.

I mean I did wrong to her.. To our son.. Extremely wrong. On my birthday, after many months of waiting, she had finally admitted that she, too, was in love with me. And the next time we see each other, I betray her love and trust in the most barbarous way possible. Something for which I will never be able to forgive myself.

And then she was gone. She dissipated into thin air.

Her father and god mother made certain that she went so far away from me and everyone else that no one could find her. Not even me. I went completely insane after she was gone for four months. I severed ties with my father and ruined his business empire now that he could no longer harm her. And I tried everything I could to find my wife, but in vain. Despite the fact that my father-in-law understood why I did everything I did to his daughter, he refused to tell me where she was. All I knew at the time was that she had begun a new life after she had left me.