XXXIX. Vinyl Shopping

Chapter 39, Vinyl Shopping
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Now what if I didn't have a mom? What if I was mom-less? I have a mom but still. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After school, I dropped Xiomara and Jaysean off at Jaysean's house since they were going to go on a date.
I didn't drive home though, I decided I would drive to a nearby vinyl shop and buy a vinyl.

I walked into a shop that looked really pretty, I heard a little bell go off as I entered it.
I looked around a bit until I was satisfied with the vinyl 'Getting Nowhere Fast.' by Girls At Our Best!

I placed it on the counter and smiled at the little old lady, she rung it up and it wasn't that expensive as I thought it would be.
I paid for it and walked to the car, I placed the vinyl on the passengers side and drove home.

I got home and parked the car, I walked upstairs to my room and sat on my bed.
I decided to go live for a bit, I haven't really been active on my account since Instagram doesn't really live up to the hype.

How old are you?

A question popped up, the only one I was able to actually read.

"Sixteen."

I answered sounding bored, I continued to answer questions and play some music.

"Can we not talk about 'Jarlett'? It's over."

I asked politely since a lot of people in the chat were spamming in the comments, some people stopped but others kept going.

"Guys for real, calm it with the name."

I said once more, now getting annoyed with it.
I wasn't mad at the fans or anything but it was just reminding me of Jaden and his damn decision, God boys are stupid.

Go cry to your mom, we're not stopping.

I read a comment, I felt a smirk tug at my lips as I began to think of a good comeback.
When you got fans or hate

" Now what if I didn't have a mom? What if I was mom-less? I have a mom but still. "

I responded to the comment before turning off the live, I plugged my phone in the charger and began to put the vinyl away.
I sat on my bed and went on Netflix, I was a little tired so I walked to the bathroom and took a nice warm shower.

My stomach growled as I brushed my wet hair in front of my vanity, I groaned and placed my brush down.
I wasn't worried or anything that my parents weren't home, it became a daily routine.

I made some ramen and sat at the living room, I looked over at the door where I had left my ukulele.
The ukulele has stood there since we moved in because I didn't have the energy to bring it to my room, I'm just lazy.

I placed the bowl on the small coffee table in the living room and grabbed it, I strummed along to it and tried to figure out what song I wanted to sing.
I finally decided to sing 'I'm Not Angry Anymore' by Paramore.

I sat on the couch and began to strum the melody of the song before singing the lyrics.

"I'm not angry anymore, well sometimes I am. I don't think badly of you, well sometimes I do~."

I sang softly as I thought of the only person that would come to mind, Jaden.
There's always going to be some bittersweet energy inside of me because I didn't like how things ended between us, I did break up with him but for a good reason.

Now it feels like I'm never going to get the person back and it's my fault, I stopped strumming and placed the ukulele back in its original spot before finishing up my dinner.
I walked upstairs to my room after I washed my dish and plopped down on my bed.

Is this what it feels like to be single? I would say I could get used to this but deep down, I know I couldn't because this isn't something I would want.
Although being single meant I didn't have to worry about my partner cheating or losing feelings, maybe I could get used to this.

As I drifted away to sleep, I heard a tapping sound on my window.
I groaned in frustration as I woke up and got out of.mt very comfortable and warm bed, I pulled my curtains from the window and stood frozen.

"Can you let me in now or?"

Emmanuel asked, I nodded slightly and opened the window.
He smiled at me and got inside of my room, I smiled back at him and sat on my bed.

"Homecoming is coming up, got a date?"

He asked me sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck, I looked at him and chuckled before shaking my head.
I watched as he got up from my bed and walked to the window, he brought out a corsage.

I smiled and felt myself blush a bit, he handed me the corsage and looked at me shyly.

"Would you like to go with me? As friends if you'd like, you know?"

I did indeed know Emmanuel, I knew pretty well.
I nodded my head and stood up, he bent down a bit and hugged me before leaving my room from the window.

"Front doors exist but nah, come through my window. It's all chill."

I said as I locked my window and placed the corsage on my vanity, I laid in bed and finally went to sleep.
Except this time I had an uneasy feeling, now I'm very anxious for homecoming to come.