LI. She's Never Coming Back

Chapter 51, She's Never Coming Back
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Just listen to me! Just please, listen to me and stop hating on me for every single damn thing I do! "

~ Xiomara's POV ~

"BRING ME MY STAFFFFF!"

It was currently three in the morning of a Saturday night and I was not trying to sleep, I was watching the Sturniolo triplets.
Normally I would have been fast asleep but after we picked up Daelo and I was dropped off at home, I was met with a phone call from my dad.

I was always a daddy's girl, so I was having a break down on call as he was doing his best to hide the fact he was crying as well.
Rosalía wasn't too fond of him and she would never let me tell her that he is a good person, she would push me away and lock herself in her room.

When I heard a door open and closed, I got a little freaked out and paused my video.
Now I'm Hispanic, so I'm not about to walk out of my room and find myself in front of a murderer.

So I grabbed my bat and placed a sock on it, in case i was disarmed.
I opened my door slowly and left it open in case I needed to run back inside and slam it shut, I walked out of my room cautiously.

When I got to the living room, my heart sank and I dropped my bat.
There was my little sister crying into a pillow as she stared at a photo of mom, dad and I.

"¡Es que no es justo!"

(Translation: it's just not fair!)

Rosalía screamed at me, my grandmother is a deep sleeper so she wouldn't be able to hear us but I didn't care.
I rushed over to her and grabbed the picture away from her, I watched as Rosalía threw a tantrum and cried harder.

"Tienes que pasar tiempo con ellos! yo no!"

(Translation: you got to spend time with them! I didn't!)

Rosalía screamed again at me as she stood up from the couch and threw the pillow on the ground, normally I would've back handed her and told her to stop screaming but I couldn't.
It wasn't until now that I had what Rosa didn't, I had time with my parents but she couldn't do it.

I felt tears roll down my face and look down at her as her lip quivered, she began to shiver as her fists were clenched.
Rosalía wasn't a jealous type but she envied the fact I got time with my parents and she didn't, I understood that.

"¡Mamá estuvo en tu vida y lo disfrutó! ¡Tu papá estuvo en tu vida y le encantó! ¿Por qué no puedo tener eso?"

(Translation: Mama was in your life and she enjoyed it! Your dad was in your life and loved it! Why can't I have that!?)

Rosalía shrieked as she grabbed another picture frame and showed me, my heart was now in pieces as my little sister showed the hatred she had for not having either parent care for her.
She was stuck with me and abuela.

I took the picture frame and placed it back before crouching down her to her level and grabbed her arms as she began to squirm and cry harder.
I wiped my tears as I knelt to her and looked up at her as she looked down at me with tears in her eyes.

" Just listen to me! Just please, listen to me and stop hating on me for every single damn thing I do! "

I whisper shouted at her, I looked at her and hugged her tightly as she sobbed into my shoulder.
She held on tightly and as we pulled away, she was wheezing from how hard she was crying.

"Rosa, I can't promise you anything about mamí, but I promise you, my dad is your dad."

I informed her, we were half sisters but I treated her like biological.
You see after my dad went to jail, Rosa came along which meant she wasn't my biological.

She was just my half, but everytime my dad would, he would ask for Rosa.
Even when he knew she wasn't his, my dad wanted both of his girls to know that he loved us.

"Your father doesn't know me!"

She whined as she gasped for air, I wiped away her tears and looked at her with a smile.
That's when I picked her up and took her to my room, I turned on my LEDs and grabbed a box.

"Our dad, wrote letters to me and we spoke about you. Read them all and tell me if he's our father."

I told her as she grabbed multiple notes and began to read them simultaneously.
She smiled ss she read parts about her, when she finished, she wrapped her arms around me and stood silent.

"Can, we share him?"

She muttered as she pulled away from our hug, I looked at her and chuckled as I nodded slightly.
She smiled at me as she placed the notes back into the box and looked up at me, I know she wanted to ask a question but bit back.

"What about mamí?"

Rosalía asked me as she laid on my chest, I stroked her hair and kissed her temple.

"We don't have to worry about her, she's never coming back."

I whispered softly as I turned the TV off and wrapped us with a blanket.

It wasn't until tonight I realized how lucky I was to even still be in contact with my father, I'm sure Rosalía will feel just as lucky the next time he calls and I hand her the phone.