LII. Day One Greenie

Chapter 52, Day One Greenie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Y'all are telling me, you have to get dropped, to remember your name? I would rather stay nameless. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Please! Please, Puh-Leaseeeee!?"

I begged my dad as he tried to make some coffee, he looked at me and shook his head.
By now I was starting to laugh out of frustration, I looked at him and grabbed his arm.

"Dad, one movie. Not even the whole trilogy."

I know you're lost, but we're getting to the point right now.

"We're not watching the maze runner, end of discussion Scarlett."

My father spoke out as he grabbed his coffee and walked to the living room with me trailing behind him.
After begging and pleading, he finally agreed and we were now sitting on the couch with my head on his shoulder watching the first movie.

My dad looked really young, it was weird because he was older now but he still has his baby face.
I watched the look of embarrassment and cringe flush over my father's face as his younger version of himself entered the screen, he looked like an awkward teenager.

"You look like a child entering the wrong classroom and everyone stares at you."

I informed my father, he looked down at me and laughed before hugging me.
As the movie passed on and I watched my dad ask so many questions in the movie, I felt happy and closer to him.

We were now at the part where Newt was showing Thomas around the glade since he is the guest of honor, it was decided right then and there that I had grown a crush on Newt.
Then Thomas and Gally began to fight it out, my dad was eating the ground as if he was a goat, who taught this man how to fight?

Right as Thomas hits his cranium on the ground, something clicks for him and he gets up.
Is this man made out of titanium!?

I would've been bawling like a baby as I tried making the pain stop aching and bothering me, that's when he remembered his name.
I looked at my dad as if he was insane but he looked intrigued in his movie as if he wasn't the star of the show.

" Y'all are telling me, you have to get dropped to remember your name? I would rather stay nameless. "

I spoke out as I sat up from my position and grabbed my phone, dad just chuckled and kissed my forehead before pausing the movie and walking to the bathroom.
As I was scrolling through Instagram, my phone began to go off.

I smiled as I was beginning to get a FaceTime call from Jaden, I decided to wait a second before answering because I'm too lazy for that right now.
After a while five minutes and the call going off, I called him back and we began to chat.

He was getting ready for baseball practice which was weird because I didn't think there was any practice today, I smiled and watched as my dad came downstairs in a different outfit.
I sighed as he kissed my forehead and left the house, I took the movie off and hung up on Jaden as he got into his car and began to drive to the baseball field.

Now I'm home alone and bored, Alana has been around but she's been out working.
I barely get to see her and I hate it, she's like my mother and I was starting to feel as though like I was getting clingy.

I walked to the kitchen and decided to cook some chicken Alfredo because I really like it and because I'm hungry, I was cooking and jamming out to different songs.
After I finished making a bunch of servings, I made sure to pack half of it up and walk out of my house.

I knocked on the door and smiled as Jayla opened the door, she hugged me and walked me inside of the house.
As I walked in and set the food on the table, Daelo got up from the couch and ran over to me.

I smiled and hugged him back before walking over to Jessica and DJ, giving them a nice hug.

"I cooked for y'all, I hope you enjoy it."

I informed them as I pointed at the table where the container of the dinner I made sat, after speaking to them and staying for a bit, I left.
When I got back home, I felt like everything was empty.

But then again, I could sing as loud as I want, scream whatever and there would be zero issues.
That's the upside for being home alone which was why I didn't fight it, nothing like some Wallows and The Neighborhood.

"YOUR WAY, I'M TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THESE DAYS!"

I screamed the lyrics as I poured myself some sprite and served myself some food, I sat down at the table and continued to sing but stop every time I took a bite or sip.
I can't choke, that's just weird.

When I finished, I did my dish and sat at the couch as I continued to hum along to the lyrics.
Their songs always made me feel like everyday was a movie and it was summer, this was definitely main character vibes.

Anyone can agree or disagree, it's my opinion anyways.
But after listening to some music, I took a shower and went to my room to FaceTime Jaden and bully him until I felt tired.

If you don't bully your boyfriend (jokingly) then you can't sit with us!
I'm kidding, I just find it funny because he matches my same energy.

Even if he makes me want to throw a hammer at him, he's still a best friend to me and almost boyfriend.