4.14 Cat and Mouse

WARNING: Disturbing content, non-con, sexual assault

As Bennett extended a hand toward me, I recoiled in disgust. "C'mon Vicky, let's go home."

No, this always happens! Why... why me? I'm tired of this monster always finding me. It feels like I'm always fated to cross paths with him. I hate this!

All of the bidders who lost didn't look pleased with the result, but at the same time, it didn't seem like they would object to the final outcome either. Ugh, if only there was some kind of big revolt, then maybe I could sneak out undetected.

Alas, if no one is going to try and save me then I'll just have to do it myself. Making do with what I could, I stared intently at a man directly behind Bennett. I tried my best to seem disappointed in hopes that Bennett would turn around.

And to my relief, Bennett's face quickly contorted into that of jealousy as he slowly turned to confront the man I was gazing longingly at.

As soon as his focus was off of me, I made a run towards the back of the stage as I pushed through a group of girls. I could hear shouting erupt from the audience, but I didn't pay it any heed. If I stopped running for even a second, I would get caught.

I made my way towards the backrooms, seeing as it was empty. The only thing of note was the multiple locked doors and a staircase leading upstairs. I kept looking back and forwards to check whether the coast was clear. For the time being, I was in the clear.

But just as I was about to reach the end of the narrow hallway, Bennett stepped out from the shadows.

"Playing cat and mouse now, are we, Vicky?" I shuffled to stop myself from taking another step forwards.

With no other way to go, I turned to run back and used the stairs I had previously passed by. I don't know how he managed to cut me off, but I just have to focus on shaking him off of my trail for now!

As I turned to take the left corner, I was once again caught off-guard. "I'm starting to get really tired of this game," Bennett grumbled in a clearly irritated tone.

I screamed on impulse as I stumbled backwards. Ugh, it looks like I'll have to take the right and–

"I can already tell that you plan on taking the right corner and hiding in the first open room you come across."

H... How did he know?

My momentarily lapse in judgment had proven to be more than enough time for Bennett to seize my wrists tightly. "Predictable as always, Vicky. I know you better than anyone else after all."

I could no longer run away now. I would say I lost my chance, but did I even have a shot from the beginning?

Pulling me in close, his grip on both of my wrists tightened as he peered down at me with pompous arrogance. I didn't try to hide my disgust as I sneered at him. But it was as I looked into his eyes that I caught a glimpse of something familiar.

"Your eyes... they're glowing like a demon," I muttered to myself in utter disbelief.

Bennett smirked as he cheekily raised his eyebrows. "Oh, so you're familiar with demons?" As if trying to study my face, he continued speaking. "But I bet I'm the first fully-fledged demon you've ever met."

Pushing me up against the wall, Bennett separated my legs with his, as he tilted my chin upwards to look him directly in the eyes. "You're probably already aware of this by now, but us pureblood demons are a lot stronger than the halflings."

Bennett leaned in closer to whisper into my ear. "Our senses are like super strong. So, I can hear and smell you from anywhere." Bennett proceeded to nibble on my ear teasingly. "So don't even think about trying to outrun me again."

Bennett's eyes eventually stopped glowing red as they returned to their original black colour. "Well, fun's over. It's time we get going after all." He stated coldly as he picked me up in his arms.

"Someone sure is quiet," Bennett spoke up midway through the carriage journey. My face was soon pulled towards his once more. "Penny for your thoughts?"

God, I hate how smug he is. "I'm just thinking of how I'll try to escape this time around," I answered with an obviously fake smile plastered across my face.

As soon as the words left my mouth, I found myself instantly regretting ever uttering them. I'm pretty sure Bennett doesn't appreciate the attitude. So, I embraced myself for the worst. But to my surprise, Bennett remained unbothered.

"I don't think that'll be an issue anymore." Cupping my head, he backed me into the corner as he stared at me with intense glowing eyes.

I swallowed a gulp as I tried to break my gaze from his. "W... What are you–"

"You'll never try to run away from me." His pupils started to dilate. "That's an order."

Bennett slowly pulled away as he smirked at me. He ushered me with his head to try and escape. Hesitantly, I rose to my feet and grasped the carriage handle. As I looked down at the handle all I could do was stare.

"What's wrong? Don't you want to leave me?" He asked jokingly as he crossed his legs triumphantly.

I... I can't. I want nothing more than to open the door and jump out of the moving vehicle. But it feels like there's an unknown force preventing me from doing so. This is because of that order, right?

I turned to look at Bennett in anger who was smiling confidently to himself. So, this is the true power of a demon... god, there really is no way out of this now!

With a quick tug, Bennett yanked me onto his lap as he burrowed his face into my neck. "I think it's about time we picked up where we last left off." Using his tongue, he licked me from the bottom of my collarbone to the top of my chin.

"The sooner we start trying for a family again, the better." My pinafore was lifted up by a lecherous hand as he started to tug at my underwear.