Chapter 73 - Sparring

Alexa's POV:

Zander's head whipped around, surprise and joy barreling through the bond. His bright hypnotising eyes turned black onyx with desire when he took in what I wore. His eyes drifted down my body and around every curve, leaving warm tingles in its place.

The last emotion to push through the bond was anger as he noticed all the males looking my way, and the way their heart rates picked up. Even the mated warriors in the back that had ignored Rachel, looked at me. I knew they were more curious than interested but Zander's warning growl showed me who was really in control at that moment. 

Rachel's narrowed eyes could have caught me on fire, if I wasn't already fire proof. Glim and I enjoyed watching her sad pouting face morph into one of anger.

"Of course I want a fair fight, but your new here and I have many years of training over you." She said cocky.

"That's true Rachael, so who better to teach me a lesson or two. Maybe the others might learn a thing of two from our match also? What do you think Zander, care to watch?"

I could tell Ella was mind linking Zander and could see the muscles in his jaw tense as he did his best to keep Shadow at bay. With a simple nod, Rachel smirked and walked towards the sparring circle. The other warriors including Zander and Ella surrounded us.

"Okay you may fight in human form until the other surrenders with a tilt of their head or until one is unconscious. Do you all agree?" Ella asked. 

"Actually my wolf is my strength so if I would like to change halfway through I believe Alexa and I should have that option. Even if one of us out-strengthens the other, it's the best way to learn and teach. Don't you agree Alexa?" Rachel words were spoken with a confidence someone possessed when they already knew the outcome to something.

Glimmer was excited at the thought of sinking her teeth into Rachel, watching as that grin of hers gets wiped from her cocky face.

"Absolutely, as your soon to be Luna, I will always want what's best for this pack. Learning and teaching will be part of my job after all. A reminder to all, rule number one is never underestimate your opponent." Jax let out a laugh he couldn't contain before he covered his mouth with his hand when everyone's eyes turned to him. Only once eyes moved back onto Rachel and I, did he send me a wink. I didn't miss Zander's amusement either, recalling my match with Jax.

"Ed, Muse, let's stand next to Zander and Ella, I'd like us to have a front row seat." Jax commanded as the other two began walking towards the front.

"Muse, remember that rogue you couldn't see a few weeks back?" Jax whispered just loud enough for a few of us to hear. Rachel was too busy whispering something to one of her friends to notice. I saw the warrior's eyes widen as he looked at me with a renewed amount of curiosity. 

"We must have met him at one stage but I can't remember." Glimmer says to me.

As soon as Ella said 'begin' Rachel launched herself at me. Clearly she wanted the advantage of a surprise attack, and I wanted to see how strong she was, so I chose not to move and act sluggish. A strong punch to the stomach forced me to bend forward. I refused to let any sound emerge as the oxygen in my lungs fled without warning. I felt the familiar heat bubble under my skin as magic filled my veins begging to be released but swallowed the feeling down. She was strong but clumsy, slow and too confident which would be her downfall. 

"Haha, you couldn't even dodge that! A Luna should be strong and what did you say? Never underestimate your opponent." Rachel's amusement was evident but her words did nothing to me. As she punched me I could see Zander's hands twitch, then ball into fists as his anger and frustration reached out through the bond. He sat by unable to react at the sight of me getting hurt which I could see was hard on him.