Chapter 50: Unholy Trinity

"Yes!" Within The Twilight Wolves' headquarters, Leon unconsciously shattered his drinking mug as he gazed at the brightly smiling draconian on the screen. The young thief never realized just how tensed he had been until the very end. Leon released a self-deprecating chuckle as he wiped some sweat from his forehead. "Haha, Sweet Mera. I didn't think he had gotten this powerful? Can I even afford his help right now?"

Leon laughed as he picked up the broken mug pieces and then apologized to the vendor from whom he bought the drink. He dropped some coins to compensate for the shattered mug and then turned towards the exit. 'I'd better wash up before meeting him. If nothing else, I might have to rely on my smile this time.' Leon inwardly joked and was about to leave when loud gasps drew his attention back to the screen.

"No." Leon's heart dropped to the floor when he saw a familiar red-haired god standing on Kira's back. Razznik was not dead! Furthermore from his appearance, he did not appear injured at all!

Did they ultimately fail? Thousands around Destia wondered this very same thing as they gripped their chairs or friends' arms in tensed disbelief.

*** Meanwhile, above Oni Hill, Kashi wore a calm smile as he looked at Razznik who stood in front of them. Shadow had already risen to his feet, daggers drawn, but he just as quickly sat down when he sensed Kashi's relaxed mood.

Kashi looked Razznik up and down as he drank a mana potion taken from Shadow. "So, was your battle any fun?"

"Well, you are no fun." Razznik clucked his tongue and then nonchalantly sat down on Kira's back like he belonged there. Predictably, Kira softly growled, announcing her displeasure at Razznik sitting on her back. She was not a mule. Not just anyone had that honor. Surprisingly, Razznik did not appear annoyed by the rejection. Instead, he softly patted her back as he looked at Kashi with approving eyes, "You chose a great partner."

Kira's growls instantly ceased. 'Partner.' Razznik called her Kashi's partner, not a pet, or mount. That single word denoted Razznik's respect. He viewed her as Kashi's equal, and thus his as well.

Kashi felt Kira's acceptance. The draconian chuckled as he teased the wolf, "Softy."

Kira snorted, ignoring Kashi. She would not let the draconian spoil her good mood.

Kira's shy discomfort amused Kashi, but he refrained from teasing her some more, or she just might throw him off. Instead, he looked at Razznik. He could tell this Razznik was different from the one he fought because their auras were different. The Razznik that fought him had a godly aura that crushed down everyone around him. If the Wolves did not transcend when they did, they would not have been able to even stand in his presence.

Compared to that Razznik, Kashi could not feel a single thing from the one seated across him. He could not get a measure of this Razznik's strength, because there was no aura to draw calculations. It was like Razznik existed on a plane of existence his brain could not comprehend.

Kashi was not new to this feeling. He had experienced it several times already—whenever he met one of the Broken Swords. Through logical reasoning, it was easy to deduce that this Razznik was the one that left to battle the Broken Swords for a while.

"So, what do you want?" Kashi asked.

Razznik sighed. First, he looked past Kashi, as if staring into space, and called out, "Genesis, cut the audio feed. I need to have a few minutes with the brat. You would not deny me this, right?" Then, without confirming whether his wish was fulfilled, Razznik looked at Suzuki with hints of a wistful smile at the corner of his lips. "A thousand years is a long time, isn't it?"

Kashi's brows slightly furrowed. "I've been meaning to ask. Did you really live over a thousand years?" This was a question that bothered both Kashi and Suzuki ever since they found out about Razznik's existence.